Deleting Some Videos For Monetization Review?

hahakids

Reaction score
Hi all. Long story short, on another channel I run, I'm about to hit 1k subs in the next few days. I have well over 240k min watch time. Problem is, I have 3 videos out of a total 36 where I posted a trailer of a movie. None of copyright or blocked flags on them, and together make up about 54k views and 50k min watch time. My question is that should I just get rid of these? They are pulling in a decent number of subs and giving me some exposure, but honestly I'd rather not have Youtube question me about reused content and then deny my monetization application. I'm kicking myself a bit for applying too early, since I can't take it back. Would have been nice to keep gaining a following with these before I applied.

What are your thoughts? Anyone have experience with this? Should I just remove them altogether? I don't need them to make my 240k min watch time, but it was nice that they were pulling in a different type of traffic for me. Has anyone been able to pass monetization review with this type of content? I'm a bit torn, but I suppose I'd rather have the monetization review process go smoother instead of getting denied over it and then waiting +2 months for re-application.

Last edited:

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I would delete those 3 videos now. Waiting to reapply and review is a lot more frustrating than missing out on the traction those videos would bring.

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I would delete those 3 videos now. Waiting to reapply and review is a lot more frustrating than missing out on the traction those videos would bring.
AGREE, it seems YouTube wants original content for their YPP,
I would remove for now and keep adding new content, I guess you could re-upload if you really wanted to if you get approved.
Good Luck

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah,, I would remove them, not worth taking the risk for 50K views! If your channel keeps growing, you can easily get 50K views in a day!

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
in the first time i make video, i dont know yt rules, so when my channel reach 4000h and 1000 subs, i have to change title and delete some video that not fit youtube rules. But they still hold my channel for further reviews.