dedicated website besides your youtube channel? yes or no?

EngiNerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Im thinking of a building my own blog website not only to promote my videos etc.
What do you you guys think?

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have both. My .com website is just REZZ3D and it holds all of my videos and links to my YouTube and Blog (that I just started). My blog is basically a keyword spam w video links. So far they have both driven traffic to my site. Not an insane amount,
But some. The older the site gets and the more content the more it will help.

It's a lot of work though

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Creating and keeping a website updated needs a lot of dedication.
Only do it if you have enough time for it besides your YouTube channel.
I don't know how big your channel already is, but if it isn't super successful yet, I would rather recommend you to focus on the YouTube channel for now.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Once you make a website, it really doesn't need much. The only think I do is add my videos to it as I make them.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like your website. :up2: :) wordpress?
It's actually through godaddy. Much easier for what I wanted. The blog is through free Wordpress. these sites literally cost $20 for an entire year. Idk why everyone doesn't do it.

Thanks for checking it out!!

Reactions: LiveLoopers

lucagrabacr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Only do that if you feel it is necessary and has a clear purpose from your and your audience's perspective. If you're only going to make it to "stash" your videos there, then it might not worth the money and effort to put one up.

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Im thinking of a building my own blog website not only to promote my videos etc.
What do you you guys think?
Well having a website in general gives your viewers a place to see updates and such from you. When I look at a famous YouTuber (or just anyone in general who makes music or videos), I first look to see if they have a website because having a website makes you look more serious and dedicated to your content and to your audience. People need a place to see where all you're available on the internet. Having a website can do just that. It gives you a place to set up a merch store (if you ever wanted to), your social media links, updates, what have you. Sure, if you're not gonna keep it up, I'd suggest just making it a website, instead of a blog, to still give people access to where you're available on the web.

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're going to have a presence on YouTube only I don't know how you can best promote yourself. I'm sure there are ways, but I think there's probably more benefit in having multiple platforms to showcase your work. That doesn't need to be a website necessarily, but certainly other social media platforms would be beneficial to promote your latest videos to your followers.

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Blogs are a great way to show your presence out there and provide more of a background of the person behind the channel. However good promotion would require you to be consistent on postings on your blogs about topics you can think of. This gets people interested as they are more likely to share their opinion on your website/blog and the more you consistently keep people updated and active then the more likely you are to gain followers.