Decent Camera For Youtube? (Under £120)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyfungi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I am an aspiring youtuber and my iphone 5 recently broke. Untill I get a new one (a long time) I need a camera. I am not looking to spend too much money. I bought a camera earlier back for about £40 and it had ok 720p quality but horrendous grainy footage it was almost impossible to use. Any help would be very apreciated!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am an aspiring youtuber and my iphone 5 recently broke. Untill I get a new one (a long time) I need a camera. I am not looking to spend too much money. I bought a camera earlier back for about £40 and it had ok 720p quality but horrendous grainy footage it was almost impossible to use. Any help would be very apreciated!
I think the GoPro Hero basic camera has 1080p at 60FPS, I haven't looked though. I'm pretty sure it's below your price point. I always steer people to GoPro because that's what I use, I have the more expensive ones though.

smileyfungi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the advice. Do you know of any lenses to cancel out the fish eye effect as it really annoying for me when I record with one (I have a cheap knockoff one from amazon with pretty decent video quality but terrible audio (I use an external blue snowball). Really thanks for your help!

IB360HD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally, I do NOT believe you will succeed with such a low budget to spend on a camera. See, people like quality and for a price that low, quality may be sacraficed. I would recommend getting a couple extra hundred dollars and investing in a higher end camera from eBay Used, like my Nikon D5300. You could tell by my footage I look professional because my camera shoots amazing 1080p 50fps recording. If you do however, wish to stay within your range, go for something 720p with at least 50fps, if that's even possible (I don't know cause I don't study film). Just remember, you get what you pay for and nobody wants to watch a lower quality video when there's thousands of other creators out here providing sharper, fresher content. Maybe if you had $250-$300, I would be a bit more useful to you. Sorry if I come off harsh. My AVI was taken off of my camera and also all of my YT content will show you how good my camera is for around the $500 USD range.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the advice. Do you know of any lenses to cancel out the fish eye effect as it really annoying for me when I record with one (I have a cheap knockoff one from amazon with pretty decent video quality but terrible audio (I use an external blue snowball). Really thanks for your help!
I think the GoPro software has a fisheye removal tool. I don't use that software though so I can't confirm this. I also have a program that cost $40 US called Prodad or something like that, it removes the fisheye as well.

PeteInfinite

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the GoPro software has a fisheye removal tool. I don't use that software though so I can't confirm this. I also have a program that cost $40 US called Prodad or something like that, it removes the fisheye as well.
The fisheye effect comes from the FOV or Field Of View. At Superview or Wide the fisheye effect is going to be massive, but as soon as you set it to Medium (what I like, it's a nice compromise) or even Narrow then you pretty much erase the fisheye. I have a GoPro too (Hero4 Silver), 1080p 60fps at that price is nothing to scoff at.

LemonLorraine

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
Check eBay.. look for refurbished DSLR, SLR cameras or the previous model of a camera.. or craigslist.. you can find one at a low price point you've just gotta keep an eye out.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The fisheye effect comes from the FOV or Field Of View. At Superview or Wide the fisheye effect is going to be massive, but as soon as you set it to Medium (what I like, it's a nice compromise) or even Narrow then you pretty much erase the fisheye. I have a GoPro too (Hero4 Silver), 1080p 60fps at that price is nothing to scoff at.
I usually do normal view at the highest frame rate with my Hero 4 Black. I always like the opportunity to do some super smooth slow mo whenever I get the chance

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Moved this here for you :)

smileyfungi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thank you for all your responses! I think I may get a proper go-pro or invest a couple hundred more in a decent dslr/slr on ebay. I would invest more anyway but the situation is kinda urgent. Thank you everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.