Custom Thumbnails?

Reaction score
So i logged onto youtube this morning to upload the next video of my duke nukem playthrough, and randomly i can now add custom thumbnails randomly, is there is a reason for this or anything?

rigpop

Yttalk Pokemon Expert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
explain better what you mean ?

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
youtube is opening up it's doors to you and are you a partner? Low youtubers well knew ones don't even have the option of custom thumbnails.

Reaction score
No im not a partner, when i go to my upload page i have the option to use custom thumbnails for my videos

TweekIk

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you monetized a video? When you monetize,you'll get the "custom thumbnail" option.

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
i had the same thing a few months back, i still dont know why... but i like it :D

78ackerman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
As soon as I started uploading videos I had the option of putting a custom thumbnail, I'm not sure why.

Reaction score
I haven't monetized any videos as far as i am aware, so will just take it as a nice little gift from youtube :D

TundraZer0

Generic Title
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I want custom thumb nails SO BAD. I find it really annoying when I make a nice, quality video and it's not getting the attention I believe it deserves, because it has a crappy thumbnail. :sorry2:Why YouTube? WHY?!

TheWillBox

I make moving pictures!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you monetized a video? When you monetize,you'll get the "custom thumbnail" option.
That's what happened to me one week after I posted my first video. I got the option to monetize and the option to upload a custom thumbnail popped up too. I have a really small channel and am not partnered so maybe it's random when they allow you to monetize/upload thumbnails.