Creative Nation MCN Payment Problems Not Being Paid on Time, Poor Communication

Do you receive you payments on time from Creative Nation?

• Yes every time

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Never on time

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone at YTtalk who is partnered by Creative Nation been having problems getting paid by them?

I and so many others including their highest earning partners keep having monthly issues with not being paid on time and the whole staff going silent and no longer responding to support tickets and support emails around the time the payment round is due. It isnt just one off issues it has become a monthly chase for their partners to receive YouTube revenue from them and it appears to affect everyone partnered with them each time so it is not isolated cases.

I have posted on their forums several times recently and had my threads removed when asking respectfully about receiving payments so it appears they don't want anyone asking about when will they be paid or discussing their payment issues publicly and if it carries on I can only see them going downhill. I would appreciate if @Shane could let everyone in the network know what is going on soon because it cannot just be swept under the carpet each month. All we want are answers and at the very least deserve to know what exactly is happening and when you intend to pay out.

So back to my original question, has anyone else here who is with them suffered the same? I have wrote a review of the cnation network in my signature if you want to read more in detail about what my experience has been like so far with them for a year+, I am FAR from happy with them at present. The lack of response, care for their partners and incompetence is the worst I have ever seen in a network in my opinion.

Thanks guys.

Edit:

censored.jpg

It appears I am now censored on their forums for asking about payments in a respectful manner as a client, wow really? Great work silencing people for asking genuine questions @Shane and Ronan :up2: :rolleyes:

I have just received an email from them and I have been warned for "Spam/Breaking rules", I didn't realise discussing payments would be classed as spam or breaking their rules when seemingly they don't have any unless they are buried elsewhere on their site where no one could ever find them:

creative-nation-warning.jpg

empty-rules-forum.jpg

I am unlinking from you today and I strongly suggest others to do so too because the network is a complete joke when it comes to paying on time and clear communication.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Reilly

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I emailed payments@cnation.co, it tooked a while, but I did received my payment.
Thanks that is good you received yours eventually, did you receive it for your May earnings (the earnings you accrued within May and are due to be paid this month)?, yeah I have tried emailing @Shane and the rest of the team at all of their email addresses: payments@cnation.co, central@cnation.co, support@cnation.com, shane@cnation.co and ronan@cnation.co but without a response since Monday, it is very obvious I am being ignored right now as well as others and the same happened last month when they didn't pay out on time.

I have several tickets open and none have been replied to so something is definitely going on yet again, removing my threads and censoring my posts on their forums for asking about payments proves the same is happening again this month.

I see Shane on YTtalk daily and have PM'd him on here so he is certainly aware of the emails that have been sent in as well as Ronan who I believe is the payments manager who decided to censor me on their forums.

This is speculation but going by my previous experience with them I would guess they are not paying out on time again so they are ignoring all emails and tickets regarding payments until paying out is possible for them or perhaps they are waiting for a better exchange rate, I doubt it is a payment processing issue they are having, they seem to have that far too often, whatever it is they need to sort it out as their partners are sick of it.

Edit; My post is now incorrect Ronan is no longer their payments manager, I have received an automatic email to my emails:

"Hello,

I am longer longer working as a Payments manager at Creative Nation.
Should you have any questions please email support@cnation.co"

Let's hope they have someone capable to take his place quickly on hand because their YT revenue payments are due.[DOUBLEPOST=1468000017,1467991404][/DOUBLEPOST]I finally got a reply from a Ryan at nearly 7pm for them to my email to support@cnation.co, they have asked for the channel link, I cannot believe I have waited 5 days to be asked that when I have several tickets and over ten emails sent for the account in question and not one has had a response.

The payments manager Ronan is now gone so who knows who is going to deal with the payments mess this month, let's hope they don't need to train someone for a few months to issue payments before everyone gets theirs. I heard from Ryan that @Shane is working this Saturday which I believe is out of the ordinary so let's hope he is dealing with the payment issues everyone is having.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey @Michael great to see you posting but it's a shame that you're having so many issues about something as basic as getting paid on time! Wow thanks for letting the community know.

That's exactly what this forum is for - giving the YouTube community a heads up about potential problems so don't worry about censorship here at YTtalk. :up:

David Reilly

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
This is terrible and is the key reason I requested to be unlink from Creative Nation. I have been with this network for over a year and have seen it decline. Thank you, Micheal, for all the information you have given us. Today was the final straw.

Sorry for the all the edits. I am just really annoyed at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey @Michael great to see you posting but it's a shame that you're having so many issues about something as basic as getting paid on time! Wow thanks for letting the community know.

That's exactly what this forum is for - giving the YouTube community a heads up about potential problems so don't worry about censorship here at YTtalk. :up:
Thanks Crown it is nice to post again, no problem I just hope they get them sorted out soon for everyone.

We have had some news regarding staffing there although they had issues sending payments before cutting their team nearly in half, for anyone interested in the details of what is happening I have attached some screenshots, basically half of their team has been laid off and they are losing 30k EUROs per month and no longer have a payment manager dedicated to dealing with paying their partners. Shane will be dealing with them from here on it seems:

cnation-chat-09-07-16.jpg

David Reilly

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks again for adding the screenshots, Michael. I am annoyed at myself. A 19-year-old man is never going to be in the right frame of mind. I know I was not at that age. Let's see what happens next.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks again for adding the screenshots, Michael. I am annoyed at myself. A 19-year-old man is never going to be in the right frame of mind. I know I was not at that age. Let's see what happens next.
No problem I thought it could be useful to share it so people know what is happening without being left in the dark, my main concern right now is if they were to go bankrupt and what would happen to partners revenue if that happened.

I am all for younger ones running businesses but lack of experience can obviously lead to issues, hopefully he is able to learn from the mistakes especially where communication is involved and have payments as a priority.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem, Shane has shared some more information:

To put it as brief as possible, we made a lot of hires in October/November of last year as at that point we were expecting to release our new platform at some point in December so we hired up to go on a growth 'spree' post-release. Due to a few set-backs and new YouTube policies (our platform was designed with sub-networks in mind) we pushed our release back to this month meaning we had some staff hired who had little to no work to do.

That combined with our quite large for our size investment in technology meant making a lose of about €40K a month which wasn't sustainable so we've unfortunately had to reduce our staffing by all non-completely-essential roles.
Our office is needed for our studio for our own channel which currently makes up approx. 90% of company revenues.

actually probably a bit less, maybe 80-85%
Yes, we are good going forward. Once our new platform is out we plan to start focusing more on growth and making existing processes better, like payments.
So it seems to me they are struggling right now in all aspects of the business. Either way we are out, there is very little trust in them left now to pay on time and to stay afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.