Couldn’t post a video this week, should I post an update?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey YTers,

So I always post on Fridays but this week I’ve had a lot of things going on so I won’t be able to upload an “official” video. In this case, do you usually post a short update video letting your viewers know you won’t be uploading this week? Or do you just let it go and wait until next week?

Also, would you try to upload a video asap or just wait until your scheduled day next week?

Hope these questions make sense haha, thanks in advance y’all!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I see a lot of self-proclaimed 'experts' saying that you MUST keep on a schedule, and if you can't keep that schedule let your viewers know, etc, etc..
But, as a viewer I dont sit in front of my computer on Tuesdays at 4pm waiting for my favorite Youtuber to post their video, then again Fridays at 6pm waiting for my other favorite Youtuber to post her new video.. and I doubt anyone else does either.. This isnt TV... I know how to find my favorite Youtuber's channel and newest posts..
So, yah, I dont think it matters.

Reactions: zhkopec

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
That’s such a good point, I never thought about it like that. Thanks, that really helped!

I see a lot of self-proclaimed 'experts' saying that you MUST keep on a schedule, and if you can't keep that schedule let your viewers know, etc, etc..
But, as a viewer I dont sit in front of my computer on Tuesdays at 4pm waiting for my favorite Youtuber to post their video, then again Fridays at 6pm waiting for my other favorite Youtuber to post her new video.. and I doubt anyone else does either.. This isnt TV... I know how to find my favorite Youtuber's channel and newest posts..
So, yah, I dont think it matters.
a

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say that you include the "Update" in the video next week, which might get the video longer, which makes it more likely to get noticed!
But then again, I shouldn´t say anything, as I don´t have a schedule at all, as I upload whenever I get an idea!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

IMHO - It's kind of annoying watching a video talking about why they haven't uploaded. I'd just skip it and then try my hardest to not do it again. ^^

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Don’t. Most people will get the message without watching the video and the low views might hurt you next time

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most youtubers just tweet out or post on the their social platform of choice that there will be no video. That usually is the quickest and easiest way.