Cosmic Panda Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What are your thoughts about Cosmic Panda being released soon to the public? Do you think they will allow us to continue using the old YouTube layout or should I say current one?

I have noticed that it is starting to show bits of Cosmic Panda here and there on the normal layout and I honestly think its release date is coming soon.

What do you think? When do you reckon it will be released? Are you looking forward to it?

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like Cosmic Panda. I wouldnt mind having a more up to date youtube. Weird project name though. Cosmic Panda

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
Personally I don't like the look of it when viewing someones channel to me it looks like they have stepped back. I prefer everything to be right there.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I don't like the look of it when viewing someones channel to me it looks like they have stepped back. I prefer everything to be right there.
I am most concerned about comments me it looks very closed off from the channel with it being on a new tab, I cant imagine many posting or reading them much me. As it is it is hard doing backgrounds for it too as there's no inner section to design for, only the outside. Lets hope they add opacity settings to it or something.

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
I just thing they are re-inventing the wheel. I think that people like the layout as it is and is very simple to use. Yeah I hope it is as customizable but it doesn't look it atm. :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just thing they are re-inventing the wheel. I think that people like the layout as it is and is very simple to use. Yeah I hope it is as customizable but it doesn't look it atm. :)
It isnt not really other than a background, it makes me wonder if that is their direction for the channels, to make them less customisable and less unique, I dont think partners have banners too as of yet. I love the current layout, I would like with a little Cosmic Panda over it here and there and it would look great. I dont like the new Subscribe button too, it doesn't stand out whatsoever.

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
I'm with you there :D. I think the top of the page like the links are good and look nice but the channel design doesn;t work for me

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm with you there :D. I think the top of the page like the links are good and look nice but the channel design doesn;t work for me
That is my point exactly and what I would like, it reminds me so much of a Wordpress Blog, like check this out here:

http://mydemo.opensourcecms.com/wordpress8114/

It is similar to it with the sidebar on the right and the posts on the left but would be videos, have you seen thumbnails in it too? I think people will struggle to make a name for themselves when it is out.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Excactly :D. Why do they have to change it!?? :D
I think its probably about moving forward really and possibly money too, maybe they think it will bring them more money this way as it focuses more so on the videos, I aint so sure. I cant imagine partners on there getting as many video views without autoplay on too so they might lose out.

Status
Not open for further replies.