Copyright strike, should I start a new channel?

BwadleyBwuv

Visit my channel and give me feedback!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey all im a bit depressed considering I was really enjoying making videos and i had a decent amount of subs and decent videos but i got a video that apparently had to be taken down :'( - ive never had this before but now i have a strike, do you think i now need to start a whole new channel just in case i get a partnership and may get rejected because of it or what?

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Copyright strikes expire eventually. Partnership networks won't generally look at you until it expires. It's not the end of the world.

BwadleyBwuv

Reaction score
Channel Type
haha well yeah i know its not the end of the world lol just wanted to make sure

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
in 6 months it will expire, don't just leave it dead it also gives you time to build up a audience :)

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it takes 2 years to let copyright strikes expire.
YouTube changed their policy on long term of strikes back in late 2011. Some huge companies may place longer strikes though.

dsmooth95

Reaction score
Hey all im a bit depressed considering I was really enjoying making videos and i had a decent amount of subs and decent videos but i got a video that apparently had to be taken down :'( - ive never had this before but now i have a strike, do you think i now need to start a whole new channel just in case i get a partnership and may get rejected because of it or what?
i think the whole copyright strike thing is bogus. unless you are uploading an entire film, youtube channels should only be penalized by having that video taken down, unless you're a partner channel, then a strike would be necessary. While I am a fan of creating your own content, I feel a lot of creativity is stifled when video makes can't express how a particular song or image or movie makes them feel or think. Just my two cents.

BwadleyBwuv

Reaction score
Channel Type
i think the whole copyright strike thing is bogus. unless you are uploading an entire film, youtube channels should only be penalized by having that video taken down, unless you're a partner channel, then a strike would be necessary. While I am a fan of creating your own content, I feel a lot of creativity is stifled when video makes can't express how a particular song or image or movie makes them feel or think. Just my two cents.
Well said mate!