Copyright strike over minecraft????

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok so my girl jumped into the YouTube pool and already she got burned. Apparently she got a copyright strike for a copyrighted song in her minecraft video? That game has no songs what are they talking about??? Plus isn't minecraft of all games supposed to be ok to do Lps about? It was her 4th video so she couldn't even monetize it if she wanted to, which she didn't. How do you dispute this (as in what wording do you use when you file one of those) and does she keep the video in private til then? I personally never got a strike before so I don't know the deal. Id appreciate any advice. Thanks.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you sure there wasn't music in it or maybe I don't know a 3 hour lord of the rings movie by mistake?
Indeed that's really weird. You can dispute a copyright strike when you get it. It's in the email I think.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If she can make a video private then she didn't get a strike, she got a content id match. It should tell her what the system thinks the song used in the video is being matched to. If it was a copyright strike the video would be gone and shed have a large grey box in her account settings.

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is very odd. However, this appears to be one of those companies that make false claims to earn money from your work. You said there isn't any music in the video. I highly doubt that a real music company made the claim. Tell her to dispute it and YouTube should be able to use enough common sense to notice that there isn't any music.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Minecraft is 100 percent fine to LP, are you sure there was nothing else in it?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well just to clarify I meant there's the normal minecraft background music but as far as I know that's ok or we'd have tons of claimed videos all over YouTube. But no actual songs. Just the game and her commentary. What wording should she use to dispute the claim. She's new at this as am I. I never had to dispute anything before.[DOUBLEPOST=1386616797,1386616735][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minecraft is 100 percent fine to LP, are you sure there was nothing else in it?
I was in the room with her and I edited the vid for her. There was no external music other than the game and her commentary.[DOUBLEPOST=1386625325][/DOUBLEPOST]So can anyone help? What would she say in her dispute? Does she have to cut and paste legal stuff from minecrafts site or something? How does that work. We still need help here with how to formally put a valid dispute.

Reactions: Styxie

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
That is weird, dispute is all I can say