Copyright strike by youtube user for an "idea"

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
He reported me to youtube for stealing videos. But i make all my videos, thumbnails, descriptions. I make gameplay videos on video games, this guy too. I asked why he reported me for stealing videos because it's wrong. He said this:
"Copy someone else's idea is consider as stealing."
I have a written contract from video games developer to make videos and use copyrigths. Thys guy doesn't have copyrights for these games but youtube allowed him to give me strikes without checking anything.

What should i do? Negociate with this guy or wait 10 days for the counter notification?
I'm afraid if i try to negociate with this guy, he will tell me to stop make gameplays on these video games.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Contact Youtube directly.. I had a strike against me and contacted Youtube.. with in a few hours the strike was removed.

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
How to contact youtube directly? My network is useless

ThatGeekyGuy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Try and contact youtube, and if he continues to 'copyright' then return the favour :D :)

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
he has 1 millions subscribers and 1 billions views. So i think youtube just looked his popularity and gave me strikes without checking anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
he has 1 millions subscribers and 1 billions views. So i think youtube just looked his popularity and gave me strikes without checking anything.
Can you post your channel url here?

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just to be sure whether your channel doesn't contain any copyrighted content.