Content allowed in Youtube

Mediator

Reaction score
Hello Youtubers,
i'm new to this amazing community and the whole youtube thing.
i want to start a Youtube channel and was wondering if you could help me with choosing content type that suits me and is allowed and monetizable.
I'm not a pro in video editing but very familiar with after effects and other editing softwares.
My english writing skill is ok but i have a terrible accent due to English being my second foreign language so recording myself is out of options.
i was interested in compilations but i read that it's not monetizable so it's a bummer for me.
i'll be happy if you help me figure it out. i'm not asking for a specific niche or something. Just want to know types of content that will suit my situation. Thank you in advance

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi welcome & congrats on 1st post. What do you like to do? Hobbies? It's a good idea to select a topic that you are very passionate about, because chances are you will need that stimulation as it can take years to grow a channel into something profitable.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
. What do you like to do? Hobbies? It's a good idea to select a topic that you are very passionate about
Mediator, it's not just a good idea, it's essential.

For that reason nobody else can tell you what you should do a channel about.
Also don't go into it assuming you'll get monetized. That may never happen even if you do grow to have many subscribers and views.

Go into it for the passion, the fun, enjoyment, hobby etc. And see what happens from there... be prepared for growth to take YEARS rather than months.

If you're not having fun with what you do, then viewers won't have any fun watching you.

When you say a terrible accent - do you just mean a significant 'foreign' (to us) accent or that your spoken English skills (grammar etc) aren't very good?

Depending on the sort of channel you want to do, there may be ways around those situations.