Collabs: Yay or nay?

Sarin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, yes. Everyone says collabing will do your channel and you good and I do agree.. But dangit why is it so hard to find someone with the same amount of subs and above to collab with?

Does reaching out to a bigger channel than yours even work? What are your experiences in this subject? Have you had any and did it help? :)

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you're within the ballpark of subs. I wouldn't say that the collaborator must be at 172 or above. If they are maybe 100-500 that is probably around your range. I would really just look for someone who does something similar to your channel. Some channels that are in the thousands might collaborate, you never know. Just ask them.

Sarin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're within the ballpark of subs. I wouldn't say that the collaborator must be at 172 or above. If they are maybe 100-500 that is probably around your range. I would really just look for someone who does something similar to your channel. Some channels that are in the thousands might collaborate, you never know. Just ask them.
Good tip. Thanks!

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Finding proper collaborations is definitely a challenge, but one that is very rewarding. Even if nothing much comes from the collaboration itself in terms of metrics, you have the opportunity to meet someone new and learn new techniques to use in your own production. Newage is right in that you should just look in a ball park number, not necessarily exactly. Some larger channels may be willing to collaborate, but you would need to show them some sort of value that they could get out of it. It should be beneficial for both sides and you would need to explain to them what type of benefits they would be able to look forward to.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I mean, yes. Everyone says collabing will do your channel and you good and I do agree.. But dangit why is it so hard to find someone with the same amount of subs and above to collab with?

Does reaching out to a bigger channel than yours even work? What are your experiences in this subject? Have you had any and did it help? :)

Hi

I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Collaboration isn't compulsory. I know plenty of very successful channels that have never done a single collaboration.

Sarin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Finding proper collaborations is definitely a challenge, but one that is very rewarding. Even if nothing much comes from the collaboration itself in terms of metrics, you have the opportunity to meet someone new and learn new techniques to use in your own production. Newage is right in that you should just look in a ball park number, not necessarily exactly. Some larger channels may be willing to collaborate, but you would need to show them some sort of value that they could get out of it. It should be beneficial for both sides and you would need to explain to them what type of benefits they would be able to look forward to.
Makes total sense!

Hi

I've moved your thread to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Collaboration isn't compulsory. I know plenty of very successful channels that have never done a single collaboration.
Why? I thought this forum was also for youtube help? haha but yeah i know collabs are optional.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Collaborating with folks who have an active subscriber base is a good thing, at times, but it can also lead to an influx of viewers who just want you to come visit their channels because they saw your collab on the other person's channel. I think collaborating is great for channels who have common interests and can make the collaboration work in a seamless way that makes the videos not only helpful to you, but enjoyable to your viewers.

TheCameronWatson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depends hoe you collab, if you do a simple shout out that lasts for like 10 seconds you won't get much attention to it. If you do a shared video however (for instance if you're close then be in a video foir each other, like a tag video etc or make a comedy skit together which you can stitch together) you tend to get more subscribers from it as the audience gets to see more of you and your personality and so will kn ow if they want to subscribe to you. That's my thoughts on it all :) But yeah, would love to collab at some point and have an idea as well!

Failproductions

Real Guillotine, Explosions, Acid, and more!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Take a look at The Rock.. Without a doubt collabs are good. Fastest channel to 1 million to my understanding.

Ruth Taylor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's an app but I think it is in testing stages called YouCollab but the idea is out there for this to become a really successful app.
I don't have enough subscribers to feel like I could do a collab with someone although I haven't meet any other youtubers either to collab with.
Most youtubers are quite happy to work with smaller brands as its not always about the money or subs and just how your friendship develops, I would look at pages on Facebook for collaborations and definitely on here as don't have to do a sit next to each other video.