Christmas Special Videos!? Are they a thing people do?

Oparer

Reaction score
Recently I did a bunch of Christmas Special Videos on my channel in build up to Christmas, since, it's a pretty big Holiday I would think.
But going through my feed I noticed not many of the people I'm subscribed too have done Christmas Specials? Is there a reason for this? Is this something people actually do? Or has this tradition died?
Maybe I'm just not noticing? Idk thoughts!?

EmilyJM

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did one last year and quite a few people do vlogmas or Christmas themed videos too. So yeah, they do them, just not the people you're subscribed to :')

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I made a Christmas themed video and quite a few of the people I'm subscribed to are making Christmassy videos or doing vlogmas (or both) as well.

Seano1

I've Got It
Reaction score
Recently I did a bunch of Christmas Special Videos on my channel in build up to Christmas, since, it's a pretty big Holiday I would think.
But going through my feed I noticed not many of the people I'm subscribed too have done Christmas Specials? Is there a reason for this? Is this something people actually do? Or has this tradition died?
Maybe I'm just not noticing? Idk thoughts!?
It's your channel, so if you want to make Christmas videos go for it! Who cares what others do, you want to stand out in a crowd! :)

Reactions: Oparer

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
All my videos are Christmas specials because of my username :^)

loljk I haven't done any Christmas videos.

Christmas themed videos remind me of Christmas specials of TV programs, I'm pretty sure that they're the same thing.

Flicksonfleek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its up to the video creator. If you think its a good idea, then go for it! You shouldn't really care about if others are doing it, and if they aren't then you are unique!

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Many people have their own reasons for not doing a Christmas video, mainly because they might be spending quality time with family or loved ones and simply do not have the time to record or upload because well like you mentioned its a rather large Holiday. That is why people are seeing a decreasein views etc. Family & Friends came before the Interwebs you know.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I do not think that special video is a must. I just changed my banner on that occasion and add some wishes for viewers.