Choosing non-searched topics for the first few videos?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
How big of a factor is choosing or not choosing a topic which is often searched on YouTube for the first few videos when the channel is completely new - in respect to getting the first subs and views as fast as possible? I have a lot of videos planned of which topics are not searched at all or even never, but I believe they are still very interesting / intriguing... Big channels of course don't have to worry about that since they are recommended and their subscribers are notified... But what would you say for the first 3 videos of a new channel? Is it safe to do the first 3 or 10 or 20 videos - covering non searched topics if you want to grow?

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if you're covering non searched topics theres a big chance no one will find your video because not many people are looking for that topic! When you first start out imo you should just upload what you want! If the topics are interesting to you then you should do it! Consistency and quality are two of the biggest things when starting out the gate with your channel! Have fun with it and someone will find and appreciate your work! :bounce:

WebSam

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
if you're covering non searched topics theres a big chance no one will find your video because not many people are looking for that topic! When you first start out imo you should just upload what you want! If the topics are interesting to you then you should do it! Consistency and quality are two of the biggest things when starting out the gate with your channel! Have fun with it and someone will find and appreciate your work! :bounce:
Totally agree, do what you want and what is fun for you, I think the views etc will come if you are being genuine.

Studz McGee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I agree with everything above haha. Be genuine, and don't worry too much about what people are looking for. Maybe hop on something that's trending every now and then, but do your own channel, let people find you because of you, not because they wanted to see some drama addressed so you did it for views. Then your channel won't have any substance and you'll lose passion quickly.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Totally agree, do what you want and what is fun for you, I think the views etc will come if you are being genuine.

I agree with everything above haha. Be genuine, and don't worry too much about what people are looking for. Maybe hop on something that's trending every now and then, but do your own channel, let people find you because of you, not because they wanted to see some drama addressed so you did it for views. Then your channel won't have any substance and you'll lose passion quickly.
These are all answers I was looking for and I am grateful for them guys! Thank you CrashCraze, thank you WebSam and thank you Studz McGee!

Reactions: CrashCraze