Channel Trailer/Branding Feedback

Juliana Sabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
Hey everyone,

I know branding is a really important aspect of a successful YouTube channel. I've tried to "brand" my channel and content, but lately I've been wondering if perhaps I need an update. If you could please check out my channel and trailer, and leave any feedback or advice, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Juliana

Jimmajabba

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
I'm probably not someone who you would consider to be among your target audience (as i see makup/hair videos on your upload list, and im a 21 year old metal head with no style), but what jumped out to me is that i think your branding on your youtube home page is done well. however, if you do more that "saturday morning chats" as your channel trailer suggests you do, i would maybe advertise that somehow in your banner?

Unless you want to keep it sleek and simple which is totally understandable.

I would also recommend putting some music in your channel trailer just to make the video seem much more inviting and fun. (there are plenty of tracks available under creative commons so all you really have to do is find on that suits you).
I think your personality does come trough pretty well in your trailer though, so i like what i see.

I dont know who i am to critic as i have less of a following that you by the looks of it, but still... As you put it, "leave any feedback or advice, that would be awesome."

Hope that was somewhat helpful, good luck for the future!

Reactions: CharlieDaDog

CharlieDaDog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm probably not someone who you would consider to be among your target audience (as i see makup/hair videos on your upload list, and im a 21 year old metal head with no style), but what jumped out to me is that i think your branding on your youtube home page is done well. however, if you do more that "saturday morning chats" as your channel trailer suggests you do, i would maybe advertise that somehow in your banner?

I would also recommend putting some music in your channel trailer just to make the video seem much more inviting and fun. (there are plenty of tracks available under creative commons so all you really have to do is find on that suits you).
I think your personality does come trough pretty well in your trailer though, so i like what i see.

I dont know who i am to critic as i have less of a following that you by the looks of it, but still... As you put it, "leave any feedback or advice, that would be awesome."

It's the best advice what you can get. Trailer has to be more entertaining. And you should write what you are doing in trailer description.

Juliana Sabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
It's the best advice what you can get. Trailer has to be more entertaining. And you should write what you are doing in trailer description.
Thanks! Do you suggest just adding some music under my trailer, or completely doing a new trailer?

Juliana Sabo

Reaction score
Channel Type

Thanks for this! I'm mostly sticking to the Saturday morning format, unless something unique happens (like the Woman's March), in which case I'll stray from the format.

What do you think about adding music under my regular videos and not just the trailer? I noticed Jenna Marbles does that and was considering whether it would be a good idea for my channel too.

CharlieDaDog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for this! I'm mostly sticking to the Saturday morning format, unless something unique happens (like the Woman's March), in which case I'll stray from the format.

What do you think about adding music under my regular videos and not just the trailer? I noticed Jenna Marbles does that and was considering whether it would be a good idea for my channel too.
It's a great idea.
music can attract attention and you can use pictures or videos ( picture in picture mode) on left up corner relevant to your subject.
The more happens, the better it is. With talking vlog u can try life broadcast. I tried on facebook and it was very succesfull

Juliana Sabo

Reaction score
Channel Type
It's a great idea.
music can attract attention and you can use pictures or videos ( picture in picture mode) on left up corner relevant to your subject.
The more happens, the better it is. With talking vlog u can try life broadcast. I tried on facebook and it was very succesfull
Awesome advice! I'll definitely be adding music under my videos from here on out.Thank you!

Jimmajabba

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer

Yes defiantly do that.. Try to find some music that suits your personality or the mood youre trying to set.
do you need the names of some creative commons music to use?