Channel feedback is so important to me!

Aaron Kelsall

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Guys!

I've been asking the people around me for their feedback about my videos and my channel - and it's getting good reviews!

The thing is - I'm wondering would this still be the same for people that don't know me?

If anyone has a spare minute or two in between shooting / editing / planning, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my work.

Much love!

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Howdy!
Nice overall feel on the "video" page, good thumbnails, like the look.
Channel header and profile picture could be better, more in line with the style of the thumbnails. Maybe make the Ak into a logo or something.
The voice sounds a bit metallic and hollow. What mic are you using? I'm not a sound pro at all, perhaps you can soften/smooth the sound out more?
Great lighting by the way, what lights do you use?
Most of your tags are single words. You won't rank for any of them. You should be using medium to long tail keywords.
Your multiple personality video got 8-10 times more views than the rest. Make more targeting that concept, perhaps you have something there with that concept.
Your videos are a bit on the long side. You may command such high retention once you grow, but at this stage people will just likely check you out. If it was me, I'd be doing 5 min videos at this stage. As your audience and views grow, you can see the retention from real traffic and adjust length to suit.
As an overall strategy going forward, pick 5-10 channels you admire at the 2000-10000 sub count and study their strategy, t/t/d, playlists, seo, everything basically. Identify their videos and concepts that made them grow. Adopt similar.
Good luck!

Reactions: Aaron Kelsall

Aaron Kelsall

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh great! Thanks for the detailed feedback! That's actually genuine, useful stuff! I'll have a look at some of the things you've suggested...
The lights are a brand called Zyon!
And the mic isn't great - i'm just using the one on the camera. Looking into a better one though!

Really appreciate you taking the time on this! THANKS!

Reactions: KiddieToysReview