Channel Advice- Getting views but not many Subs- why?

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Jack,

I have seen the trailer and to be brutally honest that is where i would want to stop if I was a viewer, it really does not give me any clue of what you are about apart from possibly weird and eccentric which is not necessarely the thing that many people would go for. But most importantly, I have no idea what you do, who you are, what do you bring differently from other channels, etc.... If I were you, I would completely redo the trailer, add what you are about, what do you do, how do you do it differently from other, those are the three main points, then if you want you can add the usual upload times and other details.

I see that you thumbnails have improved a lot from the start, however you need to make sure that the text is visible, however your video quality and sound is good and your videos are quite enjoyable as well. So just work on the visuals/art of the channel and that might help.

Apart from that I am also struggling with getting subscribers, I have not gotten past the 20 sub count for weeks now and it just does not move, even though I just got over 1k views, so cannot help too much with subscribers, but I hope that helps.

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the tips and the honesty- I have just uploaded a new trailer now!

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I saw your trailer, your bike wash video, and a bit of the pie face challenge video. You are eccentric as mess which shows with the channel art, thumbnails, and personality. Now some people would find that a bit much but I can definitely see where you have an audience. I thought it was amusing but not 100% MY cup of tea. Don't let that keep you doing what you are doing. I think just keep making the videos you're making and you're subs and views will come

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Java, thanks for the feedback & your time in watching my videos. I'm glad that there is some consistency and that you feel I will get an audience! That is fair enough that it isn't your cup of *coffee ;). My stuff, isn't mass market but I plan to try and carve a group of people that are into my content.

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Jack,

That was a great improvement on the previous video, that actually showed off who you are and what you do very well and it is engaging, it gives you a slice of Jack. That is a trailer that would probably get people excited, especially with the clips that you used. Great work with the editing and a great outcome.

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Jack,

That was a great improvement on the previous video, that actually showed off who you are and what you do very well and it is engaging, it gives you a slice of Jack. That is a trailer that would probably get people excited, especially with the clips that you used. Great work with the editing and a great outcome.
Hey Valerik,

Thanks so much very nice of you- really appreciate it! :D

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Java, thanks for the feedback & your time in watching my videos. I'm glad that there is some consistency and that you feel I will get an audience! That is fair enough that it isn't your cup of *coffee ;). My stuff, isn't mass market but I plan to try and carve a group of people that are into my content.
You'll definitely find a good niche to hit and I think you have the ability to do real well