Changing my video style to see if it attract more subscribers

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Hello:
My channel seems to be growing at a rather slow rate.
I figured after 3 years and nearly 250 videos I would be a lot further along then just 500
Subscribers.
So I taking a page for one of my friends and I'm going to try something knew.
Instead of using myself in the videos as I normally do
I going to do a voiceover and see how that works.
if I begin to see my subscriber base begin to increase I know I've have a good idea.

So please tell me what do you think?
I need to figure out a way to increase my subscriber base and find people who are interested int he same things I am.
Perhaps doing a voice over with my videos will attract more subscribers and traffic to my channel.

Please let me know what you think
:Leave your comments below

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
attacked more subscribers
I think you missed a letter!? actually two... XD :p

if I begin to see my subscriber base begin to increase I know I've have a good idea.
Guess that one video will not make any difference, maybe a series of them?
As a personal comment I do prefer to watch voiced over images or b-roll
than the person that do the talking / vlogging. It has more dynamic I believe.

:)

Reactions: Mark Stise

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you missed a letter!? actually two... XD :p

Guess that one video will not make any difference, maybe a series of them?
As a personal comment I do prefer to watch voiced over images or b-roll
than the person that do the talking / vlogging. It has more dynamic I believe.

:)
That's what I was thinking a series of video
Maybe 25 just to see what the reaction is

Reactions: videoeditgr

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I like to use a mix of voiceover as well as video recorded dialog. the voiceover is nice because you can avoid some extra cuts when you flub up what your trying to say. also for me sometimes I can move threw something quicker on a voiceover than I can recorded dialog esp showing something that whole right brain left brain thing trying to describe something while showing something and moving this yadda yadda.

however I like the recoded dialog better as to me it feels more personal. also it sounds more natural. although some of that probably falls on my ability to speak naturally while trying to record a voiceover. its also very hard to fake reactions if there is something to react to in the content.

Kylie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi yall,

can you provide some ideas or tips for content? I feel like i just talk at the camera and I dont want to lose viewers attention

hasanpasir88

Reaction score

Hello:
My channel seems to be growing at a rather slow rate.
I figured after 3 years and nearly 250 videos I would be a lot further along then just 500
Subscribers.
So I taking a page for one of my friends and I'm going to try something knew.
Instead of using myself in the videos as I normally do

So please tell me what do you think?
I need to figure out a way to increase my subscriber base and find people who are interested int he same things I am.
Perhaps doing a voice over with my videos will attract more subscribers and traffic to my channel.

Please let me know what you think
:Leave your comments below
Maybe yoy can do something like reviewtechusa did before he use camera. Just use random footage to talk about anything. That would allow you to create more videos as the production time is reduced a lot. Be sure to get a good mic though!

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
Hi yall,

can you provide some ideas or tips for content? I feel like i just talk at the camera and I dont want to lose viewers attention
If people need video ideas from other people, they should leave making videos to other people. You can either make your own original content or you leave it to the creative people who don’t need everyone else’s ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If people need video ideas from other people, they should leave making videos to other people. You can either make your own original content or you leave it to the creative people who don’t need everyone else’s ideas.
As a designer by trade there is just so much wrong with this sentence. It's the reason people stop pursuing creative paths. They are told when they are 8 that they cannot draw. Or when just starting out at 13 that there are not creative.

Then later in life they meet someone like you, stating what you just did. Now maybe you're just having a bad day, let's assume.

To OP:

I think you need to sit down and do a mindmap of things you're passionate about. EVERYTHING COUNTS!
Movies? Series? Collecting stuff? Model trains? Anything. And then make a voiceover about that. Start posting it in forums you are already partaking in. Show it friends and family. But try to really answer a question: "What value do people get from watching this video?" Is it pure entertainment, then you're competing with a lot of big players. But if its educational, maybe you can add value to a specific target audience.

Maybe there is an event near you, so you can add value to the people caring about the event?

I hope it helps a little bit – just try out new stuff. :) And kudos for going strong so many years!

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
As a designer by trade there is just so much wrong with this sentence. It's the reason people stop pursuing creative paths. They are told when they are 8 that they cannot draw. Or when just starting out at 13 that there are not creative.

Then later in life they meet someone like you, stating what you just did. Now maybe you're just having a bad day, let's assume.

To OP:

I think you need to sit down and do a mindmap of things you're passionate about. EVERYTHING COUNTS!
Movies? Series? Collecting stuff? Model trains? Anything. And then make a voiceover about that. Start posting it in forums you are already partaking in. Show it friends and family. But try to really answer a question: "What value do people get from watching this video?" Is it pure entertainment, then you're competing with a lot of big players. But if its educational, maybe you can add value to a specific target audience.

Maybe there is an event near you, so you can add value to the people caring about the event?

I hope it helps a little bit – just try out new stuff. :) And kudos for going strong so many years!
Hey! I know what you mean, maybe i was a little unfair. There are just way too many youtuber making videos because they want to be like the people they watch. And yes they should definitely give it a go, they may find the thing they are best at. But then when they make their channel and realise they don’t have the ideas to make the content in the first place... it’s not a good sign. Bands dont ask other bands for song ideas. They’re a band because they have songs they want to make. Youtubers should have videos they want to make and that’s why they are making them. I agree with you 100% everyone needs the chance to expand their creativity and try new things, working through the creative dry spells is something I’ve done too. But no one wants to subscribe to a channel that can’t guarantee solid original content long term. That’s my frustration.

Reactions: Philip Jensen

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I know what you mean, maybe i was a little unfair. There are just way too many youtuber making videos because they want to be like the people they watch. And yes they should definitely give it a go, they may find the thing they are best at. But then when they make their channel and realise they don’t have the ideas to make the content in the first place... it’s not a good sign. Bands dont ask other bands for song ideas. They’re a band because they have songs they want to make. Youtubers should have videos they want to make and that’s why they are making them. I agree with you 100% everyone needs the chance to expand their creativity and try new things, working through the creative dry spells is something I’ve done too. But no one wants to subscribe to a channel that can’t guarantee solid original content long term. That’s my frustration.

I can follow that logic, the other thing you typed was also very clear it just came out a bit harsh when I read it. All's good.

I think it depends wether you see YouTube as a hobby or as a potential career. For the first I think it is okay to ask for help, it's like me learning to play a song someone else wrote. I am probably not going to get super famous or anything, but I am more interested in having fun and learning the craft.

I also think a lot of people do not know about creative methods for generation ideas. There are a gazillion different design methods that will sparkle new ideas for your videos. But if you do not know the methods nor how to use them, you're at a loss, hence I think asking for help is okay.

I guess it all depends. I can definitely understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for the discussion :)

Reactions: Liam O’Doyle