Can't think of any collab ideas

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all, so I've been wanting to get into collaborations more but have no idea what I should do. I am starting a podcast with another tech YouTube but I want to do other things here and there too but I just don't know what to suggest.

I would really appreciate it if you give me a little insight into how you all come up with ideas, if you have a tech channel thats even better :).

Thanks!

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For gaming it's fairly easy: Just find a game that multiple people can play together (Minecraft, Cards Against Humanity, etc.). CAH works great if you're bringing in people from multiple genres because they have a website you can play for free on.

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You could both do unboxings for the same product and link to each other's videos to let people know different opinions. Or both of you review different versions (e.g. consumer vs high end) of a product.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For gaming it's fairly easy: Just find a game that multiple people can play together (Minecraft, Cards Against Humanity, etc.). CAH works great if you're bringing in people from multiple genres because they have a website you can play for free on.
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not really doing gaming on my channel.

You could both do unboxings for the same product and link to each other's videos to let people know different opinions. Or both of you review different versions (e.g. consumer vs high end) of a product.
That's a good idea, i'll have to know that they have the product first but I will definitely keep that idea in mind :).

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Another option would be to review competitor products in the same niche (e.g. gaming laptops).

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another option would be to review competitor products in the same niche (e.g. gaming laptops).
Yeah that would be great with something like the Surfacebook and Macbook Pro if I can find someone who is going to be getting one, or perhaps android vs iOS. You are really giving me some great ideas, thanks alot!!!

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not really doing gaming on my channel.

That's a good idea, i'll have to know that they have the product first but I will definitely keep that idea in mind :).
Have you thought about getting together with other people to do your kind of videos, sort of a challenge if you will?

Harpuia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you mean being in the same location as other people. Sorry I don't really get what you mean.
Within the same location, have other people guest spot on your videos and you could write the script for their parts. That's what I do a lot with Pokemon Spotlights now that they're pretty much the one place where everyone wants to collab with me on lol.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Within the same location, have other people guest spot on your videos and you could write the script for their parts. That's what I do a lot with Pokemon Spotlights now that they're pretty much the one place where everyone wants to collab with me on lol.
I don't really know any tech YouTubers in my area though, not many gatherings around here either :(. I could just ask them to send in their videos though and could still do the script (if needed). Thanks for the suggestion though!