Can't record anymore

YubelsDisaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This basically means that I have no idea what to do anymore.
I've been using OBS for quite some time now.
When I started using OBS I had no problems but after some time a problem came up in the form of : "encoding overload.....". I eventually found a fix and the problem was gone, even tho it did sometimes pop up, it had no effect on my actual recordings.
However now all of a sudden, it just keeps popping up, my recording is laggy, choppy, freezes completely and just totally unusable.
I've tried shadowplay and while there's a huge visible improvement, there's still some stuttering. Messed around with that, impossible to get it to be fluid.
Tried Loilo ... only records audio for some reason, Xsplit is even worse than OBS, at least obs recorded my audio normally, Xsplit does the same things OBS does but worse and even messes up the audio.

The games I'm recording are running smoothly, unless I use OBS than it seems to lag sometimes and quite bad so as well.
I don't think it's my pc itself tho .... here's what's in it (or what's important I guess):
-CPU: Intel Core i5 6600
-RAM: 16GB
-Graph: GeForce GTX 1070
-HDD/SSD: 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Honestly, no idea what the problem is and it came totally out of nowhere, last week somewhere.
If anyone can help please let me know cuz I'm out of ideas

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I recommend trying a new software. If the problem persists, I would look into giving your PC a little tune-up if necessary.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This basically means that I have no idea what to do anymore.
I've been using OBS for quite some time now.
When I started using OBS I had no problems but after some time a problem came up in the form of : "encoding overload.....". I eventually found a fix and the problem was gone, even tho it did sometimes pop up, it had no effect on my actual recordings.
However now all of a sudden, it just keeps popping up, my recording is laggy, choppy, freezes completely and just totally unusable.
I've tried shadowplay and while there's a huge visible improvement, there's still some stuttering. Messed around with that, impossible to get it to be fluid.
Tried Loilo ... only records audio for some reason, Xsplit is even worse than OBS, at least obs recorded my audio normally, Xsplit does the same things OBS does but worse and even messes up the audio.

The games I'm recording are running smoothly, unless I use OBS than it seems to lag sometimes and quite bad so as well.
I don't think it's my pc itself tho .... here's what's in it (or what's important I guess):
-CPU: Intel Core i5 6600
-RAM: 16GB
-Graph: GeForce GTX 1070
-HDD/SSD: 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Honestly, no idea what the problem is and it came totally out of nowhere, last week somewhere.
If anyone can help please let me know cuz I'm out of ideas
Your specs look more than good enough to record videos. Have you had a look at task manager to see if there's anything using up a lot of resources? Do other apps run slowly too?

YubelsDisaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your specs look more than good enough to record videos. Have you had a look at task manager to see if there's anything using up a lot of resources? Do other apps run slowly too?
I've looked into it because I always thought that maybe something was running on the background that I didn't know about which would cause it to slow down but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also turn off/close everything just because.
Other programs run smoothly which is why I have so much problems finding the actual problem.

I recommend trying a new software. If the problem persists, I would look into giving your PC a little tune-up if necessary.
As mentioned, I've tried several and all of them give me similar problems. Only OBS lags my games as well, all the others just show lag and such after I'm done recording :(

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've looked into it because I always thought that maybe something was running on the background that I didn't know about which would cause it to slow down but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also turn off/close everything just because.
Other programs run smoothly which is why I have so much problems finding the actual problem.

As mentioned, I've tried several and all of them give me similar problems. Only OBS lags my games as well, all the others just show lag and such after I'm done recording :(
That's really strange, I'm really not sure what could be causing it then :/. Could it maybe be a hardware issue with your graphics card?

YubelsDisaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's really strange, I'm really not sure what could be causing it then :/. Could it maybe be a hardware issue with your graphics card?
My graphics card works fine as far as I can tell. I'm not entirely sure how I'd be able to tell if it would be causing issues.

YubelsDisaster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just thought of something actually, are you recording to your hard drive or your SSD. Maybe try recording to your SSD if you're doing it to your hard drive atm.
I actually think I fixed it ... tho not entirely sure if it was actually the source of the problem, it does seem to work fine again.
I shut down 'killer network manager', I didn't know what it was at first, it's something that came with my motherboard so I thought it was a necessary program, looked it up and apparently it isn't. After I shut that down and restarted my pc again everything seems to work again.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually think I fixed it ... tho not entirely sure if it was actually the source of the problem, it does seem to work fine again.
I shut down 'killer network manager', I didn't know what it was at first, it's something that came with my motherboard so I thought it was a necessary program, looked it up and apparently it isn't. After I shut that down and restarted my pc again everything seems to work again.
Oh ok nice, that's great!