Can't Make up My Mind on a 5K Sub Milestone

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My planning and decisiveness have really been slipping. Within the next few months I'm sure to hit my 5K sub goal. At 2K I did a "cut content" video, and by 3K I made three requests. 5k though, I'm extremely torn.

• First instinct idea was a "Journey to 5K" musical retrospective that was a semi-parody of "Colors of the Wind." This idea makes me the happiest and most excited to pursue but unless I can get the instrumental remade from scratch I worry too much about copyright for this idea (it's safe to use a karaoke track in the "ad supported music" section but I still get paranoid about if right holders could change anything listed there on a dime.) Last thing I want is a strike to set me back six months from access to the NYC Creator Space.
  • "Easy way out" backup was a "5 Way TBW" video, which would be a remake of my first upload using all five of the characters on my banner. Very doable but feels "unexciting."
  • I'm obsessed with making the milestone musical. My second backup music idea was a big "Rhythm Heaven Remix" style montage of all my previous work-likely set to a cover of some sort.
  • Probably my worst idea is a "Four Five Seconds" cover with words changed to vent about my channel and wanting to broaden my niche. (A big part of me wants to finally let go at 5K and animate what makes me happy while not worrying about audience/requests as much as I have these past three years).
  • A part of me just wants to make something like a "5K Marathon" starring one of my chars.
  • I've also thought of using my OC Dev to troll my entire channel (in the fashion of my "Deville Trolls Nintendo" video) as a tribute to everything I've made.
  • I'd love a cover of "Those Magic Changes."
  • A cover of "Wishes" (WDW peeps represent) or "Go the Distance" appeals to me somewhere too.
  • Just a montage of highlights from 2010-2016 with some background music and narration. Boring as boring gets but another "easy" one.
....fuuuuu-this is only a fraction of how my brain works. If I didn't maintain a buzzed haircut, I'd pull my hair out with how much my "too many idea syndrome" bothers me on a daily basis. Fortunately my next would be 10K so this is essentially the last milestone I ever have to think about (because I doubt I'm ever reaching 10K anytime within the next 5 years-if YT is even still a thing). Guess I'm seeing 5K as my "going out with a bang" milestone.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just have you show up on a really bad webcam and take off your shirt.

The fans will love it.

that's what i'm doing at least

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
hm all interesting ideas, definitely go with something you will enjoy the most! Find out what your top 5 videos are? Do like a few top 5s. Top 5 comments etc. I dunno xD

Reactions: Cromartie

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just have you show up on a really bad webcam and take off your shirt.

The fans will love it.

that's what i'm doing at least
HA, considering my gender identity it'd sure be a hell of a way to explode out of the closet to my YouTube audience. I think I'll save such revelations for beyond 5K. :giggle:

hm all interesting ideas, definitely go with something you will enjoy the most! Find out what your top 5 videos are? Do like a few top 5s. Top 5 comments etc. I dunno xD
All good ideas indeed. Come to think of it I do have my top 10 videos taped on a wall. I might save these for supplemental content. Thanks. ;)

Ultimately I've decided upon the 5-Way TBW idea as it encompasses what started my entire journey, it's a popular and often requested idea, and is revisiting something I've done before/been wanting to tackle again for a long time. :up2:

Reactions: Lightsen