Can't add custom URL to my channel - What am I missing?

Gediphoto

I've Got It
OK, I just hit 100 subs and would love to change to a custom URL. According to Googles manual, and other YouTube videos I need:

- A channel that has been around for 30 days (check)
- Minimum of 100 subscribers (I'm on 101, so check)
- Profile image (check)
- Banner image (check)

Yet, I don't see the option to add a custom URL. I have tried re-setting my session (log out / log in) but no luck (I got a notification on my YouTube Studio app, but no email or notification on Studio desktop).

Have I missed something, or am I just being too impatient? Anyone got any suggestions? :)

Thanks!
/G

Since I've been working with IT for almost 20 years, that was my initial thought as well. After extensive research I've come to that conclusion myself. I'm simply too inpatient. It seems a channel can grow up to roughly 150-200 subscribers before their systems run the scheduled jobs to identify those eligible and update their YT Studio options. We'll see I guess. I'm tired of chasing that custom URL, although it seems important to add one as a "win". My life is way to small in this pandemic :laugh2:

Just give it time. It probably just needs time to work its way through the system before it will let you do so.

yeah I've notices a lot of stats used by YT in the back end for critical decisions take longer to update than the front end. I'm not surprised - given the amount of hits their servers get, eventually consistent data is the only way they can go.

Aaaaaaand it's there :) Just as I suspected and Jack mentioned, it was just a matter of waiting. Took about two weeks after I hit 100 subs to add a custom URL.

Back