Can You use your YouTube channel as a website for Amazon Affiliates?

Reaction score
I dont have a separate website, because up keeping them is a hassle, and I don't want the burden of another monthly payment for something I don't use. I recently was brought to the attention of Amazon Affiliates and I think it is perfect for my YouTube channel, to promote things I talk about.

One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is do you need a separate website? I signed up using my direct channel link on YouTube, and was accepted and even created a link to a product I briefly talked about in my newest video I uploaded today. I even posted a few pinned comments on relevant videos to promote that said product and got 27 clicks over night. So, it seems it is working...? So, what exactly am I missing?

Amazon email said that it'll review my page after I make a sale, then it'll accept, but I was under the impression that I am already accepted because I am creating links and able to follow the analytics of these links. I just want to be sure I am not going to be banned from Amazon or YouTube for this.