Can you mixed monetized videos and non-monetized videos in the same channel?

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have a channel that is not monetized and have almost 1000 subscribers there. I just did that one for fun, translating lyrics: English songs to Portuguese and Spanish, and Portuguese and Spanish songs to English.
I had no problems at all, because I gave them credit from the beginning and the authors of companies that had the rights of the songs agreed to let my videos be online as long as I didn't monetize them (andddd...they monetized the videos).

My question is.......
Can I have monetized videos in that channel that do NOT contain copyrighted stuff or does the channel have to be all made by me ? For example....can i start adding my own monetized videos without songs or anything else that's not made 100% by me in that same channel?[DOUBLEPOST=1500911255,1500911087][/DOUBLEPOST]darn autocorrect lol

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You can, but I wouldn't recommend being in a network (unless they're willing to accommodate for you.) With monetization, YouTube looks at the video, rather than the channel. For me, I have videos that have been claimed by other networks, simply cause I do stuff like reactions, and some of the games I do have copyright music. I try to avoid that, but sometimes there's not much you can do. I just brush it off, cause it's not all about that money, and continue uploading as normal. A network might make you delete your copyright videos, though, but if you're independently owned, you can pretty much do whatever, within reason. :p

Reactions: ArtesVives

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest you to make separate channels and have them as much distant from each other as possible - i.e. using different e-mails or even different computers so you don't ever mix them. Why? Because a single copyright strike (it can happen anytime with content you don't own), will restrict your channel and several copyright strikes will terminate your account, and it wouldn't be a good happening to the videos that you created all by yourself and own the rights to them.

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can, but I wouldn't recommend being in a network (unless they're willing to accommodate for you.) With monetization, YouTube looks at the video, rather than the channel. For me, I have videos that have been claimed by other networks, simply cause I do stuff like reactions, and some of the games I do have copyright music. I try to avoid that, but sometimes there's not much you can do. I just brush it off, cause it's not all about that money, and continue uploading as normal. A network might make you delete your copyright videos, though, but if you're independently owned, you can pretty much do whatever, within reason. :p

woot that's awesome new :D ty :D hehe
I read about networks...I don't think i'm joining any ...it's skeeery lol i'm too stubborn for networks

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
woot that's awesome new :D ty :D hehe
I read about networks...I don't think i'm joining any ...it's skeeery lol i'm too stubborn for networks
Good call. I've never been a fan of networks, either. I mean, once you hit 100K to a million subs, you might have bargaining power and they could agree to help you out with copyright issues (which is why a lot of gaming and music channels tend to look for networks), but below that you're pretty much just an experimental toy to them. And Hiru's advice is good to keep in mind, as well. Like, if you want to start uploading copyright videos again, a new channel would be the best place to do it, so your original videos aren't in danger. But the copyright videos you already have up are probably harmless. If they were going to get striked, realistically, they would have already been striked :p
Good luck to you with your channel! :)

Reactions: ArtesVives

ArtesVives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good call. I've never been a fan of networks, either. I mean, once you hit 100K to a million subs, you might have bargaining power and they could agree to help you out with copyright issues (which is why a lot of gaming and music channels tend to look for networks), but below that you're pretty much just an experimental toy to them. And Hiru's advice is good to keep in mind, as well. Like, if you want to start uploading copyright videos again, a new channel would be the best place to do it, so your original videos aren't in danger. But the copyright videos you already have up are probably harmless. If they were going to get striked, realistically, they would have already been striked :p
Good luck to you with your channel! :)
My translated songs will not get a strike anymore. I did get notice that my videos had copyrighted materials but that if I agreed to let the owners of the rights monetize them, there was no problem and nothing else I had to do.
Heck i have 27 subscribers in my current account (the nearly 100 are in the other account with translated songs and no monetization of anything) LOL...i'm of no value except to myself butttttttt..........maybe one day I will have more ....even then, I don't think I will want a network because i don't like to be told what to do :p plain and simple