Can you COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ON INSTRUMENTALS TO SONGS??

Christopher

16Davies
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think so, I guess it depends on the song.

GameUpOrShutUp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you have the full permissions to use the " MUSIC " Yes or No ? If NO then don't use it - Simple -
people do parodies with the instrumental so your smart a** comment wasnt appreciated

thefriendlygreek

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't monetize it then you have fair use.
This is NOT true.

Whether you monetize or not, copyright is copyright. Fair use is not a right, it's a defense in a lawsuit that you'd have to prove in court if the copyright holder chooses to sue.

Even if you are legally using someone's stuff under legitimate fair use, I doubt you'd want to take on the costs of defending yourself in court.

Reactions: stratafm

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
people do parodies with the instrumental so your smart a** comment wasnt appreciated
Sorry Mr Smart a** - If you took the actual time to read the Thread Title

" Can you COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ON INSTRUMENTALS TO SONGS?? "

This is taking into consideration the fact you can read !!!!!!!!!! He didn't state he would be doing any Parodies DID HE - NO

So my statement is valued as I am sure you work for a Network and know everything about copyright ?

If you do not the the Full Permissions from the correct Parties, do not use the Music.

Learn to READ and UNDERSTAND THE FULL QUESTION BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR STUPID a** MOUTH.

Thexwildxguitarist

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've never had a problem with using backing tracks. They can be matched to third parties who sometimes restrict certain audiences, which I don't object too, but I've never had any major problems with it. I don't know about full, original versions of songs with vocals and all instruments though. There's millions of guitarists on youtube using backing tracks that are still up on youtube with millions of views and subs, but i rarely see somebody playing a full, copyrighted song in their video, and they always have a license to do so.

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never had a problem with using backing tracks. They can be matched to third parties who sometimes restrict certain audiences, which I don't object too, but I've never had any major problems with it. I don't know about full, original versions of songs with vocals and all instruments though. There's millions of guitarists on youtube using backing tracks that are still up on youtube with millions of views and subs, but i rarely see somebody playing a full, copyrighted song in their video, and they always have a license to do so.
Matched 3rd Party content can and can't cause issue's to be honest as it greatly depends on a few factors.

Reactions: Thexwildxguitarist

Thexwildxguitarist

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Matched 3rd Party content can and can't cause issue's to be honest as it greatly depends on a few factors.
Just wondering, what is your background with copyrights? Not that I don't think your points are valid; I actually think you're giving good honest info. I just want to know I case I have any questions about copyrights you can answer.