Can someone please tell me the best FREE Editor??

SupWithT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am in serious help....I really need help finding a good video editor to use for my channel. Can someone please help me or give suggestions? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with @MC'01 for a regular budget hitfilms does both video editing and visual effects, and if you just care about editing try sony vegas or on a mac Final cut x

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
'Best' is subjective based on your own needs an preferences. However, in addtion to Hitfilm mentioned above, Davinci Resolve, Shotcut, Lightworks and Blender all have sufficiently featured free versions that should satisfy even the most demanding YouTuber.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i try all of the free video hardware and only one was useful. hitfilm is mainly for special effects not long term projects. Davinci is main forces on music, very little on videos. Shotcut is too broken of a software, its also very hard to understand anything. Lightworks and Blender have the same problem, they do not make it easy for video editing and its very hard to understand, very little tutorials and very little features for editing videos.

VSDC is the only best free option, everything you need its there and it always keeps getting more updates way more than any other video editor.

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i try all of the free video hardware and only one was useful. hitfilm is mainly for special effects not long term projects. Davinci is main forces on music, very little on videos. Shotcut is too broken of a software, its also very hard to understand anything. Lightworks and Blender have the same problem, they do not make it easy for video editing and its very hard to understand, very little tutorials and very little features for editing videos.

VSDC is the only best free option, everything you need its there and it always keeps getting more updates way more than any other video editor.
Ok firstly we didnt even specify if he is on windows or mac *spanks forehead so some options will and will not be available, secondly Davinci main focus on music??? I believe that to be incorrect as if we were talking about what davinci was originally intended to do, and what it excels at the best that would definitely be coloring grading...not music, and to be honest davinci is a great editor especially because its free and you get a professianal NLE editor with some advance colour grading....but he probably isn't interested in that stuff. hitfilm also CAN be helpful in long projects especially for its visual effects. If your just starting then any of the options would be great to learn, Hitfilm is more effects focus but has a compotent editor, Davinci is just Beast and has way more power than you will need but does take a somewhat good computer to run at its best, and lightworks....ive used it and didn't like it but any option is great as long as you can produce great content with it

SupWithT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
mainly looking for a way to edit my videos and easily cut and trim for right now. I want to be able to add png. images if I'm doing skits, and I don't too much care for power. I have a Windows 8 computer, and as of right now I use Camtasia but I really want something that can be similar if not equal to iMovie because it is very good at making intros and such.

TwoWords

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There's always Youtube's own online video editor.
Creator Studio > Create > Video Editor

I've not used it really so can't say it's the best - but it's free.

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hi, Does anyone know if there are any completely free editing programs out there?
I have tried to google and look for free programs but every program I have downloaded said it would be free but then had some kind of way to make you pay to use it (they'll put huge watermarks all over the video, you can only finish and export the video if you pay, things like that)