Can I get critiques on my banner and avatar?

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have updated my YouTube banner and avatar just now and I'm wanting some critique and/or advice on it. I decided to go for a clean, minimal look that also pops.

Attachments

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Where is moderator??
It is about advertisement on your website.
Regards.
I am seeking help/critique for my YouTube channel. I'm unsure as to whether my post counts as "advertisement" as I am not promoting anything (that I know of).

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Don't pay that guy any attention. He's been spamming that same sentence all over the forums. Just report him. I've already sent him instructions about how to contact the mods/admin, but he keeps spamming that.

As for your banner and channel icon, looks cool, but it's not obvious what to expect from your channel from your banner. To me it looks like a gaming channel or a vlog channel, but the video Thumbnail seem to be from the Office tv show. Maybe add a tag line in the blank area that says "Funniest clips from the office" or something you think best describes your channel in a quick bite sized sentence to new viewer. Something that makes them think, "this is exactly what I was looking for".

over all I think it look great and I like the style, but I think the addition of a quick tag line would make it more functional and successful.
Hope that helps

Reactions: musafaj

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the advice and input. I did have "gameplays" and "what's trending" in large letters on either side of what's shown in my banner but ultimately decided to remove them because I couldn't get them to look how I wanted them. I also thought it made my banner looks kind of messy and overbearing.

Reactions: Nicekid76

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have updated my YouTube banner and avatar just now and I'm wanting some critique and/or advice on it. I decided to go for a clean, minimal look that also pops.
I like it. It works!

EDITED: I realized that was not a critique lol.

The only thing I would consider is the fact I don't have a clue to what you do. DIY? Gamer? Vlogger? Just a guy with a backwards hat... why would I want to watch your videos? Adding someothign as subtle as a icon, logo or even some text "Gaming since 2015" or "Food is my thing" - a tagline or a hint at what your channel is all about.

Reaction score
Website
sketchmystory.video
Channel Type
Animator
Add a "value statement" and your posting schedule. The value statement is like a tagline for your channel but communicates what someone will get out of your channel by watching your videos. Other than that, the banner is good. It's nice art and simple.

Reactions: JayZippo