BroadbandTV Network. Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGCodcaster

The most intense youtuber ever! xD
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
yea wiws and subs doesn't really equal much when it comes to certain networks :)

Hyun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
guys thanks for all of the feedback. I'm definitely going to try to negotiate at LEAST a 80/20 deal with a 2 year contract or shorter. If I can't get to that point I might as well try out fullscreen and see if they can match that or get even better.

Hyun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Alright a little update for you guys:

The Broadband recruiter got back to me with real urgency and pain about how they talked it over with his boss and they eventually came up with a better deal if I SIGN AT THIS VERY SECOND! This kind of put me off because it really really felt like they were rushing me into making a decision.

Thanks to WrecklessEating he will be giving me a word up to fullscreen into talking with me about a deal as well saying that it's possible to get an even better contract with them. I just now told Broadband that I wanted to wait a little longer (a week) before making a decision and I didn't want to take action right now. Seems like I'm going to p**s off his boss a lot more now lol. They seem pretty frustrated with me and my ways of taking it slow and talking to a fullscreen rep.

Anyways, i'll update this again once I get in talks with a fullscreen rep! Thanks for the help guys <3 This is beginning to be a total tug-of-war between networks and although frustrating, it's really interesting to see first hand how business and competition works!

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Alright a little update for you guys:

The Broadband recruiter got back to me with real urgency and pain about how they talked it over with his boss and they eventually came up with a 80/20 2 year contract if I SIGN AT THIS VERY SECOND! This kind of put me off because it really really felt like they were rushing me into making a decision.

Thanks to WrecklessEating he will be giving me a word up to fullscreen into talking with me about a deal as well saying that it's possible to get a 90/10 6 month contract with them and it has been done before. I'm skeptical but i'll give it a try to see if that deal is even possible. I just now told Broadband that I wanted to wait a little longer (a week) before making a decision and I didn't want to take action right now. Seems like I'm going to p**s off his boss a lot more now lol. They seem pretty frustrated with me and my ways of taking it slow and talking to a fullscreen rep.

Anyways, i'll update this again once I get in talks with a fullscreen rep! Thanks for the help guys <3 This is beginning to be a total tug-of-war between networks and although frustrating, it's really interesting to see first hand how business and competition works!
its just a tactic to you get you to sign.. It doesn't mean they have bad intentions.. just trying to get you to commit... ive done it many many many times.. Good luck either way..

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
its just a tactic to you get you to sign.. It doesn't mean they have bad intentions.. just trying to get you to commit... ive done it many many many times.. Good luck either way..
A bad tactic, at vultra we tell people to go off and take time to think and make the right decision rushing people means you want push them into something...

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
A bad tactic, at vultra we tell people to go off and take time to think and make the right decision rushing people means you want push them into something...
not necessarily...I worked in sales for over a decade.. its a common practice and a very effective method... Why do you think they run ads for a short period.. a sense of urgency is what they are trying to establish..

DaGaMa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
guys thanks for all of the feedback. I'm definitely going to try to negotiate at LEAST a 80/20 deal with a 2 year contract or shorter. If I can't get to that point I might as well try out fullscreen and see if they can match that or get even better.
No, you should try to negotiate at LEAST a 90/10 deal with a 1 year contract. If not possible, then make it a 80/20. You are giving too much. They will rip you off.

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
No, you should try to negotiate at LEAST a 90/10 deal with a 1 year contract. If not possible, then make it a 80/20. You are giving too much. They will rip you off.
You realize this thread is 1 year old, right?

Please don't revive old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.