Bringing an old thread back to life (small youtube channels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just stumbled upon this old thread that I really liked. Sadly it was over a year old and no longer active. So I want to take the idea and create an updated post. So here's what it was about.

"What if we leave a brief description about our channels in the comments below, the nº of subscribers we have and the reason WHY we think others should watch our videos. We don't have to insert a video or a link, so we don't break the rules, because the link to our channels are already in every post we make.

We would just have to go to that link and check other people's channels out.
Then pick a video that looks interesting to you, watch it, and leave a comment.
And if you like the channel, then subscribe!

The whole point is to give each other the opportunity to find new channels, new friends and new feedback, but not only here on YTtalk, but also on Youtube!

Ok, the trick here is, for example, if you have a gaming channel, go check out a beauty channel. Same thing vice versa.
I have a Lifestyle / Makeup Channel, but I wouldn't mind visiting and watching game videos. Who knows, maybe I would like what I see, leave some comments and maybe I could subscribe, and then I would be making friends not also here, but on Youtube as well! get it? Don't stick to your own style of videos/channels, give others the opportunity to show you what they do.

Remember, this is not self promoting.... it's supporting!"

I think this is an amazing idea and it sucks that I came a year too late. But we can start it back up. What do you think? Here's mine.

I'm very new to youtube, I started my channel a little under a month ago and I have 80 subscribers. My channel is about beauty and makeup but my main love is fashion. I make GRWM's, Lookbooks, and tutorials among other things. Why you will like my channel is I'm really passionate about it and i'm investing in better equipment to the quality of my content gets better. Also I feel you will get inspiration from my lookbooks and I keep up with new trends so you can find out about new fashion/makeup trends all in one place.

It's now time for you to show us what you got!

Stacy Pearl

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm new to Youtube. I started posting last week, and I have 25 subscribers. My channel has beauty, fashion, and the occasional vlog. I will be making vlogs, tutorials and morning routines, as well as a q+a in the future.

Hopefully you'll like my channel because I'm gorgeous.

Reactions: Doe

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This is called self-promotion and more than likely the thread will be locked down haha. About 90% sure but who knows!

Doe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is called self-promotion and more than likely the thread will be locked down haha. About 90% sure but who knows!
I got this idea from an old thread and the mod there said it would be okay to make a tread like it. Hopefully it won't be locked. In the meantime would you like to be apart of this? Share what your channel is about :)

Reactions: iMSaiyan

DoctorBlue99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My name's Doc, I've been doing this for a year now (On & off) I'm very committed and I upload every day if possible. I make gaming, commentaries, reviews and tutorials. I'm all things gaming and I try to keep an friendly and funny atmosphere and I think you guys should check out my channel if you love any kind of gaming :) Oh and I have 113 subs

Factually True

I've Got It
Reaction score
I saw this same thread and thought it was a good idea too, hopefully it comes back to life now :laugh2:
I make educational videos in the mold of something like Kurtzgesagt or CGP Grey. Except not really. They're not actually educational videos at all but rather satire of them and society at large.
I've been here for two weeks now and managed to get three subscribers.
I upload a new video every Sunday.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi @Doe and welcome to YTtalk

I'm locking this thread because unfortunately threads like this just incite people to promote, sub4sub etc and that's exactly what we don't want here at YTtalk.

People are allowed to promote their videos and channels in the video sub-forum, nowhere else -> http://yttalk.com/forums/videos-channels.9/

Please have a quick read of the forum rules: http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/

If you want to check out members' channels, then you are free to do so by clicking on their links and videos in their signature and there are also plenty of members' videos in the videos/channels section (http://yttalk.com/forums/videos-channels.9/) but there is no need to make threads like this one.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.