Bottom of my videos have weird wavy magnified look to them?.. :/

YardieGyalGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay so I have a bit of a problem and i have no idea how to fix it so i was hoping someone who is experienced can help me out. I use my Xbox One DVR to record my gameplay through twitch so i can record large chunks of footage at once. But the thing is when i watch the footage back maybe like half an inch of the lower half of the video has a weird wavy look to it.. does anyone know how to fix this? Or do i just have to live with it until I can afford better recording gear? :/

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Okay so I have a bit of a problem and i have no idea how to fix it so i was hoping someone who is experienced can help me out. I use my Xbox One DVR to record my gameplay through twitch so i can record large chunks of footage at once. But the thing is when i watch the footage back maybe like half an inch of the lower half of the video has a weird wavy look to it.. does anyone know how to fix this? Or do i just have to live with it until I can afford better recording gear? :/

After uploading to YouTube, did you by any chance carry out the "auto enhance" processes in the "enhancements" tab? - It sounds like it to me. I'd strongly advise against using YouTube's autofix features. :)

(I've moved your thread to the editing / recording forum.)

YardieGyalGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After uploading to YouTube, did you by any chance carry out the "auto enhance" processes in the "enhancements" tab? - It sounds like it to me. I'd strongly advise against using YouTube's autofix features. :)

(I've moved your thread to the editing / recording forum.)
Okay thanks for moving it to the right place. And no i dont think i did. it's like that before i even upload it to youtube. I have no idea how to fix it >.<

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I took a look at your channel and could not find a video representing what you are describing however from what you have described, it sounds like a resolution/render issue. I once rendered a video in a higher resolution that the base video (tried to render a 720p video in 1080p) with different frame rates and it made my video look weird/distorted.

Try syncing up the render settings exactly with the original raw video settings. This is just a guess as I don't have any visual example to view.

Reactions: YardieGyalGames

YardieGyalGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I took a look at your channel and could not find a video representing what you are describing however from what you have described, it sounds like a resolution/render issue. I once rendered a video in a higher resolution that the base video (tried to render a 720p video in 1080p) with different frame rates and it made my video look weird/distorted.

Try syncing up the render settings exactly with the original raw video settings. This is just a guess as I don't have any visual example to view.
Really? That's weird because when i watch it i can see it and it bothers me. Could it be my computer making it look like that to me?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've just checked and I could see it on your "Get Those Collectibles Girl!" video so it's definitely not your computer but a problem with the recording and/or editing rendering process. There are also very narrow black vertical bars on the left and right. My guess is that the problem is coming from the recording source / process, maybe the configuration. It's as though the recording dimensions and resolution don't match the actual dimensions and resolution. Maybe check that.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I've just checked and I could see it on your "Get Those Collectibles Girl!" video
I just watched it too. There's definitely something very wrong with the recording or exporting process because not only does it have those issues, I was watching it in 1080P and that is definitely not the correct resolution, even for YouTube it looks like a very, very low bit rate, understandable if using Twitch to do the actual recording. I can definitely see the issue in your newest video too.

The thing we'll need to know is; where do you see these lines? Is it only after you export the video, or do you see this in the recorded raw footage as well?

You'll need to narrow it down and figure out what to do from there. If it's visible only in the exported video, you need to check your export settings.

If it's visible in the recording then you need to check your recording settings although I'd advise against using Twitch to record things because the bitrates will be so low it ruins the quality by the time you upload it to youtube. I honestly think your issue is using Twitch to record it. If you have a Windows 10 PC you could try looking into using it to capture your Xbox's DVR. I'm not sure if you can but it seems like there's an option if you push the Windows Key + G.

YardieGyalGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've just checked and I could see it on your "Get Those Collectibles Girl!" video so it's definitely not your computer but a problem with the recording and/or editing rendering process. There are also very narrow black vertical bars on the left and right. My guess is that the problem is coming from the recording source / process, maybe the configuration. It's as though the recording dimensions and resolution don't match the actual dimensions and resolution. Maybe check that.
Hmmm.. okay i'll look into it[DOUBLEPOST=1475347370,1475345142][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just watched it too. There's definitely something very wrong with the recording or exporting process because not only does it have those issues, I was watching it in 1080P and that is definitely not the correct resolution, even for YouTube it looks like a very, very low bit rate, understandable if using Twitch to do the actual recording. I can definitely see the issue in your newest video too.

The thing we'll need to know is; where do you see these lines? Is it only after you export the video, or do you see this in the recorded raw footage as well?

You'll need to narrow it down and figure out what to do from there. If it's visible only in the exported video, you need to check your export settings.

If it's visible in the recording then you need to check your recording settings although I'd advise against using Twitch to record things because the bitrates will be so low it ruins the quality by the time you upload it to youtube. I honestly think your issue is using Twitch to record it. If you have a Windows 10 PC you could try looking into using it to capture your Xbox's DVR. I'm not sure if you can but it seems like there's an option if you push the Windows Key + G.
Hmm.. okay. Right now it's the only option i have for recording because i need a new computer and a dvr which i can't get at the moment. My computer is an old 2007 acer and it works but it's not the greatest computer to use.. i was looking in to getting a mac though.[DOUBLEPOST=1475347509][/DOUBLEPOST]I think right now the only ither option i have is to use the xbox dvr directly to record because when i use my clips they look find.. but then i can't record my voice at the same time.. or Can i?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I think right now the only ither option i have is to use the xbox dvr directly to record because when i use my clips they look find.. but then i can't record my voice at the same time.. or Can i?
You could use the DVR to record directly (not sure how long it lets you though, I think 20min bursts) then you could use your PC with Audacity to record the audio, you just need to create a sync point between the game & commentary for yourself to reference during the editing stage. I even do it that way when using an Elgato to record (I use Audacity for my voice) because Elgato's recording software ALWAYS fucks up my commentary audio file, records gameplay almost flawlessly though lol

Reactions: YardieGyalGames

YardieGyalGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could use the DVR to record directly (not sure how long it lets you though, I think 20min bursts) then you could use your PC with Audacity to record the audio, you just need to create a sync point between the game & commentary for yourself to reference during the editing stage. I even do it that way when using an Elgato to record (I use Audacity for my voice) because Elgato's recording software ALWAYS fucks up my commentary audio file, records gameplay almost flawlessly though lol
hmmmm okay. are those programs free? and thank you for the tips! :)