Biggest mistake you guys have ever made?

Hunhura

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ahhhh lost clips are the worse lol :( i struggle with that - i have 2 500gbs and 2 tbs and im still having to delete stuff because its getting full
Wew that's a huge amount of space!! I can get it only if you store 16K 8D movies there xD

Speaking about memory, I can't get why the RAM used for Adobe programs (which I use) is limited, why did they do it?! xD

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have accidentally deleted video files, forgotten to record audio, all of the usual stuff.
When I first started doing multi-camera presentations, I would save all footage but not the Sony Vegas editing file. I didn't realize until a few days later, for some reason, all of my text shout-outs have a numerical digit at the end of the shout-out! It would take so much work to re-edit this 19 minute video so I let it go. 06.jpg

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have accidentally deleted video files, forgotten to record audio, all of the usual stuff.
When I first started doing multi-camera presentations, I would save all footage but not the Sony Vegas editing file. I didn't realize until a few days later, for some reason, all of my text shout-outs have a numerical digit at the end of the shout-out! It would take so much work to re-edit this 19 minute video so I let it go. View attachment 36994
Those amount of views though -- all I see is $$$ LOL - ahh I hope I could get them views someday :p But man - that sucks lol deleting all your files. Actually I deleted my entire video folder once and it was so big, instead of going in the trash it got erased permanently from the computer.

Reactions: markkaz

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Quoting someone who a lot of people dislike. Interestingly, it's my most popular video, but the amount of dislikes I got was crazy.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
rofl--still money though
Not really... I don't monetize my videos until a few days after I upload them. A few dollars means nothing in exchange for potential subs and exposure is not worth it. When I get to 5k subs and at least a watch time of 24 hours daily, then I'll consider changing my strategy.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not really... I don't monetize my videos until a few days after I upload them. A few dollars means nothing in exchange for potential subs and exposure is not worth it. When I get to 5k subs and at least a watch time of 24 hours daily, then I'll consider changing my strategy.
If you really cared then did you take that video down? :p Haha - bad publicity is still publicity in my opinion, not like I'd do something on purpose to p**s people off or anything.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you really cared then did you take that video down? :p Haha - bad publicity is still publicity in my opinion, not like I'd do something on purpose to p**s people off or anything.
Oh I was only objecting to your, "still money though" comment. The video still generates traffic for me and subs. But I'm very confident that it would had a much higher close rate if I researched who I quoted. I'm thinking I lost at least 150 potential subs.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Oh I was only objecting to your, "still money though" comment. The video still generates traffic for me and subs. But I'm very confident that it would had a much higher close rate if I researched who I quoted. I'm thinking I lost at least 150 potential subs.
The only thing is your contradicting yourself immensely lol - besides the "still money though" comment, you said it means nothing if you're losing potential subs and it's not worth it. Then you go on to say you are generating subs which corrects my statement of bad publicity is still publicity. How can you count subs that haven't even subbed yet is what confuses me. How can you say you are losing potential subs while gaining subs off a video you said that isn't worth it by losing potential subs...that you haven't even gained yet which is what confuses me the most...but yeah I guess do what you do lol -

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The only thing is your contradicting yourself immensely lol - besides the "still money though" comment, you said it means nothing if you're losing potential subs and it's not worth it. Then you go on to say you are generating subs which corrects my statement of bad publicity is still publicity. How can you count subs that haven't even subbed yet is what confuses me. How can you say you are losing potential subs while gaining subs off a video you said that isn't worth it by losing potential subs...that you haven't even gained yet which is what confuses me the most...but yeah I guess do what you do lol -
When I said "it means nothing," I was referring to monetizing my videos early on, in response to your money comment

My video is still giving me subs and publicity, but it would have been much much better if I didn't make that mistake. How can I count how much potential subs I lost? It's just based on an estimation in relation to my other videos. I know a solid video of mine that gets 5k views gives me around 150-200 subs. This one got only 50 got subs but generated over 6k views right after I uploaded it.