Biggest mistake you guys have ever made?

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
UUUUGH... today I recorded for like half an hour, only to discover once I loaded the clips into my editor that I'd forgotten to turn the mic on. FFFFUUUUUU!!!
Had to start all over again, and I think my second video was worse as a result, as I'd lost some of that "first time" energy. I dunno if that makes sense?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
UUUUGH... today I recorded for like half an hour, only to discover once I loaded the clips into my editor that I'd forgotten to turn the mic on. FFFFUUUUUU!!!
Had to start all over again, and I think my second video was worse as a result, as I'd lost some of that "first time" energy. I dunno if that makes sense?
This happened to be a couple times actually LOL and yes I know what you mean - you lost the in the moment commentary now it feels like a chore to do it all over again.

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find the biggest mistakes I still make are the mis-matching of audio and video. I find it truly annoying when a video has it so when I screw up myself I am pretty disappointed! :p

KnightTerroors

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
in my first video i think im too close to the mic, coz you hear breath now and again and its one of those things, its not too bad but its like damn it, going to try and avoid that next time.

jamesd1981

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest mistake has only just hit me recently and is going to take weeks to sort, being lazy and not properly naming my files and just leaving the default name the recording device gave them like 047594748

Then when i have renamed them without thinking of the consequences, i click to open my project file to make changes etc and half the files are missing because i have renamed them

A very painful lesson learned always take the time to properly name and category your files

The Gamer Musician

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recorded the footage for a video no joke 8 times... at 25 minutes a go... every single time I did it I worked hard to see what was wrong and try and fix it... after all that... Audacity had selected my laptop's inbuilt mic... not my Blue Yeti... I cried at my stupidity...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On my old gaming channel, I just used any music I wanted. Then the copyright claims started coming like 6-9 months later when we had a fan base and made so much progress.....so having to take down or redo videos because of copyright claims are never fun.

Ivywinter

Reaction score
accidently deleting footage before the video was exported. I thought i had exported it already and was cleaning out old footage..nope. Goodbye, video.