Big effort on my first video = no views? What are my mistakes?

Engmo

Reaction score
Hi <3 this is my first post here

straight off

There are many phone concepts videos, some gets many views even if they are only a slideshow.

My channel is totally new so it's expected to have little views even if i upload a good video , but what's not expected is to have almost no views/subs at all. Especially when i put big effort on the video.

So basically let me know what are my beginning mistakes.

Here's my unnoticed video

If you have a crtism be as honest as you can. Your feedback can easily affect my next video.

Thanks

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Because no one looks for it. And if you don't provide any narrative it is hard to connect with an audience that just sees a phone spinning and music playing.

Reactions: nickywickyd

Engmo

Reaction score
Because no one looks for it. And if you don't provide any narrative it is hard to connect with an audience that just sees a phone spinning and music playing.
Concepts / Design videos doesn't necessarily need a narration though, Because usually they express everything visually.

But yeah if i add funny voice to my video saying like : shave anything you want where ever you are, tazer people.. Etc that could catch attention.

Thank you Good point, but thing is no matter if i have a narration or not, or if the phone spinning or doing any other animation.... People didn't enter / view the video in the first place.

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Engmo,

The video on its own is quite well created and it's visible that you put a lot of effort into it. I do agree that you do not need to have a voice over for the videos, but for example even with Google's phone, Pixel , their trailer had explanations for each part of the phone that they showed off. If you add some more text as you have done for some parts of it, i think it will fix up the video quite nicely.

Above the video itself though, as TheDutchTexan was saying, people might not be necessarily be looking for your video. Also if you are a new channel, YouTube is quite unlikely to show your video even if people search for it, which I know from personal experience. You can check this by searching on YouTube for you channel name or for the name of you concept phone, if you see nothing come up, that would explain why no one has seen it, if it does, it might still be overshadowed by more popular videos.

I cannot really give advice on how to make it be seen, because I am not too sure myself, but start by fixing the video up with some text.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Valerik

Reactions: nickywickyd

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Well, if people are not clicking on it. It either means, people can't find it OR IF people do find it the thumbnail and title is just not attractive enough.

I mean, how many people do you think would search for "crazy phones", "craziest phones" or "impossible phone" or even anything to do with phones without a certain brand? The keyword "phone concept" may help but its hard to rank if you don't promote it especially when the channel is very new. Saying this, do try to optimize the use of keywords in your title, description and tags for YouTube to rank your video appropriately.

Honestly, I haven't watched the video yet or checked the tags but it seems to me the video concept itself is too niche for the majority of people to be interested in and the thumbnail didn't made me interested. Thus the possibility to why the low views.

Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, what Wasabiroots says is very true, your video is really only going to be for a very small niche of people. Most people are just going to look for such a title. Maybe if it was something related to an already existing phone, such as "Reimagined Iphone 7 concept" or "Amazing Samsung Galaxy phone concept".

Also like Wasabiroots said, make sure you have great tags that cover all aspect of the phone and anything to which the video is related, that will help the most.

Engmo

Reaction score
Well, if people are not clicking on it. It either means, people can't find it OR IF people do find it the thumbnail and title is just not attractive enough.

I mean, how many people do you think would search for "crazy phones", "craziest phones" or "impossible phone" or even anything to do with phones without a certain brand? The keyword "phone concept" may help but its hard to rank if you don't promote it especially when the channel is very new. Saying this, do try to optimize the use of keywords in your title, description and tags for YouTube to rank your video appropriately.

Honestly, I haven't watched the video yet or checked the tags but it seems to me the video concept itself is too niche for the majority of people to be interested in and the thumbnail didn't made me interested. Thus the possibility to why the low views.
Thanks, i appreciate your approach to help

But since you wrote the comment without even watching the video it's hard to benefit from a general/basic feedback since i already watched many YouTube tips videos.

So i made this thread to get a specific feedback.

It might take more time Yes, but i need an expert to help me applying youtube strategies on my videos specifically.

What i mean by specific feedback is watching the video since it's only 1 short video, then tell me like the shot at 0:00 is better for thumbnail or like telling me a better title, judge tags.. Etc

Yes the title isn't under what would people search so i worked on tags for the search, and made a clickbaitish title.

But i had it as : shave with your phone this is insane! / note 8 trailer (Concept).. They had similar results

Overall and specific judgment/crtism . Would be so helpful.

Hey Engmo,

The video on its own is quite well created and it's visible that you put a lot of effort into it. I do agree that you do not need to have a voice over for the videos, but for example even with Google's phone, Pixel , their trailer had explanations for each part of the phone that they showed off. If you add some more text as you have done for some parts of it, i think it will fix up the video quite nicely.

Above the video itself though, as TheDutchTexan was saying, people might not be necessarily be looking for your video. Also if you are a new channel, YouTube is quite unlikely to show your video even if people search for it, which I know from personal experience. You can check this by searching on YouTube for you channel name or for the name of you concept phone, if you see nothing come up, that would explain why no one has seen it, if it does, it might still be overshadowed by more popular videos.

I cannot really give advice on how to make it be seen, because I am not too sure myself, but start by fixing the video up with some text.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Valerik
Thank you so much

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thanks, i appreciate your approach to help

But since you wrote the comment without even watching the video it's hard to benefit from a general/basic feedback since i already watched many YouTube tips videos.

So i made this thread to get a specific feedback.

It might take more time Yes, but i need an expert to help me applying youtube strategies on my videos specifically.

What i mean by specific feedback is watching the video since it's only 1 short video, then tell me like the shot at 0:00 is better for thumbnail or like telling me a better title, judge tags.. Etc

Yes the title isn't under what would people search so i worked on tags for the search, and made a clickbaitish title.

But i had it as : shave with your phone this is insane! / note 8 trailer (Concept).. They had similar results

Overall and specific judgment/crtism . Would be so helpful.
Oh its alright~ :)

Because you asked why there are no views. That's why I'm saying all that without judging the video itself to answer the question. As it all starts with the presentation of thumbnail, title, what type of video it is and all the right SEO before the quality of the video itself to get it in front of people and get people clicking on the video to watch it.

I've also seen a lot of tutorials/posts around and have a significant amount of videos to deduce that title>description>tags in terms of importance to get ranked (you want important keywords in the title and descriptions especially). Then a good thumbnail and title to get people interested in even clicking on the video.

Be honest with yourself, would you click on the video if you didn't make it yourself, from just looking at the thumbnail and title? Did it interest you? Did it make you want to click on it? Also, you don't want to be similar to the rest, you want to look better than the others on youtube to stand out. Standing out gets the clicks.

Also, how old are the other videos that gets many views? That could be one of the factors as to why they get many views. Getting an average of 10 views a day for a year still gives you 3650 total views. How many views is a lot of views are you talking about?

What I'm saying is, it might not be a problem with the video itself but everything else. Because for me, I already saw that the title and thumbnail was not interesting enough. I'm not into phone concept videos which means there are others like me as well that are not into phone concept videos as well. It didn't capture my interest.

Anyways, if it would make you feel better, I'll go look at the video.

Right I watched it and yea I don't think its a bad video at all but I don't watch any other videos about phone concepts either for me to compare. Still think its a good produced video, everything flowed smoothly, some interesting concepts in there and its apparent you worked hard on it.

Thumbnail wise and which shot from the video.. Well, I have to say almost everything in the video looks the same. I mean, you're showing the phone and there weren't many different angles or colours in it anyways. So maybe try adding a word in the thumbnail like "Shaver?" or "Airbag?". Something that you yourself find interesting might mean other people find it interesting as well. Change the saturation and brightness of the thumbnail as well because it feels a bit dull. Having a question mark in the thumbnail I found makes people subconsciously curious and might make them click on the video.

Now, I also checked your tags. I personally would not tag it like that. Have a mixture of short tags and long tail tags. Think of what people would specifically search for in the search bar and add that to your tags, you should know this because you have an interest in these type of videos.

Also, new/small channels will have a hard time ranking for one word tags. But its ok to add some of the one word tags in hopes of getting linked with other videos in the future. A combination is always good. I've also read that the tags should be arranged in order of importance. So important tags in the front and less important ones at the end. Though this is not 100% proven to be true, might as well do it just in case.

Here are some threads that I recommend reading up on:
http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-get-more-views-by-targeting-long-tail-compound-keywords-for-tags.180270/
http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-seo-titles-descriptions-and-tags-full-guide-with-example.223822/

Good luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1477154638,1477153631][/DOUBLEPOST]PS. I think the title "shave with your phone this is insane! / note 8 trailer (Concept)" Has more keywords in the title than what you have now. "Shave with Your Phone? Galaxy Note 8 Phone Concept Trailer" <- more keywords in the title. Probably not the best, but it has more keywords that might help get the views, "Galaxy Note 8" and "Phone Concept". You need keywords in your title.

Reactions: Engmo

Engmo

Reaction score
Oh its alright~ :)

Because you asked why there are no views. That's why I'm saying all that without judging the video itself to answer the question. As it all starts with the presentation of thumbnail, title, what type of video it is and all the right SEO before the quality of the video itself to get it in front of people and get people clicking on the video to watch it.

I've also seen a lot of tutorials/posts around and have a significant amount of videos to deduce that title>description>tags in terms of importance to get ranked (you want important keywords in the title and descriptions especially). Then a good thumbnail and title to get people interested in even clicking on the video.

Be honest with yourself, would you click on the video if you didn't make it yourself, from just looking at the thumbnail and title? Did it interest you? Did it make you want to click on it? Also, you don't want to be similar to the rest, you want to look better than the others on youtube to stand out. Standing out gets the clicks.

Also, how old are the other videos that gets many views? That could be one of the factors as to why they get many views. Getting an average of 10 views a day for a year still gives you 3650 total views. How many views is a lot of views are you talking about?

What I'm saying is, it might not be a problem with the video itself but everything else. Because for me, I already saw that the title and thumbnail was not interesting enough. I'm not into phone concept videos which means there are others like me as well that are not into phone concept videos as well. It didn't capture my interest.

Anyways, if it would make you feel better, I'll go look at the video.

Right I watched it and yea I don't think its a bad video at all but I don't watch any other videos about phone concepts either for me to compare. Still think its a good produced video, everything flowed smoothly, some interesting concepts in there and its apparent you worked hard on it.

Thumbnail wise and which shot from the video.. Well, I have to say almost everything in the video looks the same. I mean, you're showing the phone and there weren't many different angles or colours in it anyways. So maybe try adding a word in the thumbnail like "Shaver?" or "Airbag?". Something that you yourself find interesting might mean other people find it interesting as well. Change the saturation and brightness of the thumbnail as well because it feels a bit dull. Having a question mark in the thumbnail I found makes people subconsciously curious and might make them click on the video.

Now, I also checked your tags. I personally would not tag it like that. Have a mixture of short tags and long tail tags. Think of what people would specifically search for in the search bar and add that to your tags, you should know this because you have an interest in these type of videos.

Also, new/small channels will have a hard time ranking for one word tags. But its ok to add some of the one word tags in hopes of getting linked with other videos in the future. A combination is always good. I've also read that the tags should be arranged in order of importance. So important tags in the front and less important ones at the end. Though this is not 100% proven to be true, might as well do it just in case.

Here are some threads that I recommend reading up on:
http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-get-more-views-by-targeting-long-tail-compound-keywords-for-tags.180270/
http://yttalk.com/threads/how-to-seo-titles-descriptions-and-tags-full-guide-with-example.223822/

Good luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1477154638,1477153631][/DOUBLEPOST]PS. I think the title "shave with your phone this is insane! / note 8 trailer (Concept)" Has more keywords in the title than what you have now. "Shave with Your Phone? Galaxy Note 8 Phone Concept Trailer" <- more keywords in the title. Probably not the best, but it has more keywords that might help get the views, "Galaxy Note 8" and "Phone Concept". You need keywords in your title.
Thank you :)