Best Ways to Promote Videos?

Joey Ballooni

Reaction score
Just wondering any youtube promotional tips. Just beginning the process and can use any help. :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I used facebok groups. Isn't popular amongst youtubers, but it's been a external view source for me.

Don't just post links in groups. Genuinely engage with people in the group. No one likes a person who's there to simply promote their stuff.

Reactions: Joey Ballooni

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Be careful with external traffic. YouTube algo doesn't just take views and likes into account, it considers watchtime, average view duration and audience retention as well. Those metrics can often get completely ruined when you get "curiosity clicks" from FB, Reddit or whatever...

Starting out it super slow, but just consider that YT gets billions of views internally every month, so whatever your target audience is, it's most likely already on YouTube and all you have to do is figure out a way how to get discovered by them while they're browsing through Homepage and Suggested videos.

Reactions: Joey Ballooni

likeups

Reaction score
Website
www.likesups.com
Channel Type
Musician
There are some killer tips to promote your YouTube videos

1. Video Title should be optimized to get more clicks.
2. Video Tags should be more searchable.
3. Make an awesome thumbnail for your video to get more impressions.
4. Use catchy and impressive description for your video.
5. Promote your YouTube video on other social media channels.
6. Make a playlist for your YouTube videos to get more viewers.
7. Use a call to action on your YouTube channel.

Joey Ballooni

Reaction score
Be careful with external traffic. YouTube algo doesn't just take views and likes into account, it considers watchtime, average view duration and audience retention as well. Those metrics can often get completely ruined when you get "curiosity clicks" from FB, Reddit or whatever...

Starting out it super slow, but just consider that YT gets billions of views internally every month, so whatever your target audience is, it's most likely already on YouTube and all you have to do is figure out a way how to get discovered by them while they're browsing through Homepage and Suggested videos.
Hard part is finding that YT flow of niche followers. :)

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hard part is finding that YT flow of niche followers. :)
I know, it feels like a catch-22 scenario, but unless you completely screw the title, description and tags, the algorithm will still push you a little bit even with 0 views and 0 subscribers. Then you have to keep the viewers watching for as long as possible and clicking through your other videos. That's where both content and production quality come into play.

My very first crappy video from close to 2 years ago started getting 1-2 views per day almost immediately and then I just kept making new ones. YT algo detected "oh, decent CTR & average view duration, crap retention, but good enough to rank on the first page for search terms X, Y & Z"

From there onward, it just kept on growing, very slowly, but steadily.

Homepage traffic is super potent and can get you thousands of views or even more, but I don't know how to stay there for more than 2-3 days after uploading the new video.
Suggested is a mystery to me, I only get Suggested view from my own videos. I guess you need super-stellar metrics to rank high in those traffic categories for videos outside of your own channel. Mine are not, so I decided to make a few radical changes in 2020 in an attempt to capture some of the viewers from outside of my own channel's microcosm.

Keep improving as much as possible, that's the only way to grow beyond a couple hundred views per video.

Last edited:

Tekno Solid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
There are some killer tips to promote your YouTube videos

1. Video Title should be optimized to get more clicks.
2. Video Tags should be more searchable.
3. Make an awesome thumbnail for your video to get more impressions.
4. Use catchy and impressive description for your video.
5. Promote your YouTube video on other social media channels.
6. Make a playlist for your YouTube videos to get more viewers.
7. Use a call to action on your YouTube channel.

Very good advice. Appreciate

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
YES we can promote videos by the using some important tools like propers video title and video tags,as well you can promote your video in social site or smo and you can use you-tube playlist. thay all things will help you .

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've found facebook groups to be a reasonably good source, fellow youtubers in my niche report good engagement from Twitter but I struggle to get my head around that, it seems so Chaotic. I've recently started a facebook page for my channel which seems to be working reasonably weel - especially if you can encourage your friends to invite their friends etc. Instagram seems a bit of a dead end, easy to pick up IG followers but very few transfer over to YT views/subscribers. I also have some proper old school business cards for my channel that I can hand out or leave pinned on noticeboards etc. I also use them as bookmarks and leave them in the books when I return them to the library or take them to the charity shop :)