Best way to improve my commentaries....?

AdorkableN00b

Girls Game too
I was wondering if anybody could possibly give me advice on how to improve my gaming commentaries and catch peoples attention? I know i haven't uploaded many videos (around 22 vids) and getting views is a waiting game, but I cant tell if I'm on the right track or if i need to change my approach because of how few views i get. :/ I dont really have the money to buy a new headset and computer to constantly upload HD videos, and since I just recently figured out the best quality setting for WMM i think the quality is decent.
Please help me get better~

Really the only thing I have to say on your Amnesia part 1 Light is good video is that I can barley hear you. But I see in you most recent video that was fixed so yea...other then that maybe kinda tell a story during the parts when nothing is going on. Keeps viewers interested in staying on your video...but I don't know because I never do video game commentaries. Welcome to the forums by the way. There are a ton of people here that have video game channels i'm sure they can help you a lot better then I.

Really the only thing I have to say on your Amnesia part 1 Light is good video is that I can barley hear you. But I see in you most recent video that was fixed so yea...other then that maybe kinda tell a story during the parts when nothing is going on. Keeps viewers interested in staying on your video...but I don't know because I never do video game commentaries. Welcome to the forums by the way. There are a ton of people here that do video game channels i'm sure they can help you a lot better then I.
Thanks so much for commenting and the tip! I'll definitely try to work on telling stories when nothings happening :)

I agree about the sound, I am hearing the game more than you, if you can lower the audio for the gameplay and have your voice so it is just a little louder that would be better without messing up the overall audio quality at the same time. I think on your latest Amnesia video that you keep the talking going very well, I watched an earlier video first and that is a big improvement. I think it could do your channel some good if you do some specific tutorials like How to do such and such in such and such a game, a proper example of this would be Getting a MOAB in Modern Warfare 3 on Lockdown, things like that I think are more interesting than lets play videos because it I believe it makes the video more worthwhile watching to the viewer as they get to see your technique and perhaps learn something from you and that is when people will remember you more. Maybe ask some questions to your viewers to provoke a response, maybe gaming related or if you cant think of anything then anything they could answer, even things like I would like to know what games you play yourself or what would you like to see me play will help get some comments for you. Other than those things I cant think of much more, just keep promoting yourself on external sites like here, Facebook and Twitter and improving as you go.

I agree about the sound, I am hearing the game more than you, if you can lower the audio for the gameplay and have your voice so it is just a little louder that would be better without messing up the overall audio quality at the same time. I think on your latest Amnesia video that you keep the talking going very well, I watched an earlier video first and that is a big improvement. I think it could do your channel some good if you do some specific tutorials like How to do such and such in such and such a game, a proper example of this would be Getting a MOAB in Modern Warfare 3 on Lockdown, things like that I think are more interesting than lets play videos because it I believe it makes the video more worthwhile watching to the viewer as they get to see your technique and perhaps learn something from you and that is when people will remember you more. Maybe ask some questions to your viewers to provoke a response, maybe gaming related or if you cant think of anything then anything they could answer, even things like I would like to know what games you play yourself or what would you like to see me play will help get some comments for you. Other than those things I cant think of much more, just keep promoting yourself on external sites like here, Facebook and Twitter and improving as you go.
Thanks1 for commenting and I'll try to figure out what types of how to videos i can do for games i play!

Hey, I think that if you maybe have more people than just you it will make it more interesting. ( Not saying you should do that but it might help). Also I agree about the audio levels. Happy Tubing!!

Back