Best time/strategy to promote videos in Adwords?

crazyjere

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a relatively new youtube channel (started january 2017) and I plan to invest a good amount of money to kickstart my channel (kids songs).
My initial plan was to send traffic once I upload new videos but after seeing vids on how the YT algorithm works, I have 2nd thoughts on my strategy.
Apparently, any paid views on a new upload completely kills / shuts down that new video's organic view velocity, hence it wont get any organic traction.

So hence I need some advice on a new advertising strategy for my next uploads:
1. Send paid views to an old video and receive organic traffic from that end screen to the newest video
2. Send paid views to my channel instead and they organically watch the newest video there.
3. Upload new video and wait for 48 hours, then send paid traffic to it (Will it kill organic traffic this way?)

Anyone that is using Adwords have a good strategy going to steadily building your audience?

Thanks in advance!
Jay

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a really interesting topic, following thread.

Where are the sources for killing organic views from paid views early?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This is a really interesting topic, following thread.

Where are the sources for killing organic views from paid views early?
Watch Derral Eve's latest 83 minute video. And I can tell you from experience that the 3 videos I used adwords on are now dead videos that very rarely gets promoted by Youtube. My advice on adwords is unless you have like $1000-$10,000 of money to spend on ads and that's pocket change to you, don't use it. Learn to grow organically.

Reactions: DougieBoy

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good subject. Listen for my experiences. I was making apps and games for android and upload them on Google Play. I was doing there something that Google takes money for. I was going on Adwords and writed down every single keyword that have matter with my games and after that build quality descriptions with that keywords. Yout description must be logic. But after a while Google because of that started to ban me on many different accounts because why would you earn money without paying them, and they doing the same thing when they take money from you. Trust me that is true and honest answer. Many people do not like to talk about this. Best regards[DOUBLEPOST=1487949031,1487948868][/DOUBLEPOST]And just wanted to add one more thing, difference between regular description and description full of adwords help is sky and land. And we talking about first day of uploading to google play

OburnE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe you should have good amount of video to advertise. As a new youtuber, the first goal should be to find your audience than you can think about getting views. Another thing is don't waste money until you think your videos are in perfect condition i.e. your thumbnails, endscreans, channel logo, channel art etc are in their perfect condition.

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I agreed with OburnE, just to add I would never pay anybody to do something you can do. But be patience and upload quality videos

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi all,
I have a relatively new youtube channel (started january 2017) and I plan to invest a good amount of money to kickstart my channel (kids songs).
My initial plan was to send traffic once I upload new videos but after seeing vids on how the YT algorithm works, I have 2nd thoughts on my strategy.
Apparently, any paid views on a new upload completely kills / shuts down that new video's organic view velocity, hence it wont get any organic traction.

So hence I need some advice on a new advertising strategy for my next uploads:
1. Send paid views to an old video and receive organic traffic from that end screen to the newest video
2. Send paid views to my channel instead and they organically watch the newest video there.
3. Upload new video and wait for 48 hours, then send paid traffic to it (Will it kill organic traffic this way?)

Anyone that is using Adwords have a good strategy going to steadily building your audience?

Thanks in advance!
Jay
number 1, do that. search yttalk for "adwords" and my username and ive left some tips on how I did it (maybe outdated). you probably won't get very many end screen organic traffic because i assume its pretty rare for people to get close to 100% average view duration. my videos they usually leave after 25-35% of the video. don't do number 2. when advertising its best to be efficient if you want to maximize return. navigating channel is too many steps. i dont know about #3.

if you're worried about organic traffic and killing video, with adwords you have to be very careful and really understand youtube and adwords platform and plan everything out and test problems. it appears most people are just killing their videos because they're not making best use of adwords. it was a trial and error learning curve for me. but one of my better performing ads cost $46 for 3497 views, 3206 earned views (organic views), and 16 subscribers. but the retention rate was about 15% avg view duration. i usually like mine higher.

anyways the retention rate (avg view duration) is what you have to be careful for. thats the part that will kill your video organically if you're suddenly flooded with viewers who only watch a few seconds of your video and leave. that is probably what is happening to most folks who are burned because its a very tricky process trying to figure out how to finesse views from adwords. there are many sources of traffic in the various adwords settings. and its very easy to max out your budget because the views can pour out very quickly. and at the same time there's a lot of optimizing you have to do on your channel and video to match it with the type of traffic you will get. i dont do adword on any video. only certain videos will make the cut to have adwords on.

full disclosure i dont really do adwords anymore. its kind of tedious. i usually only do adwords when im tryng to achieve multiple goals at once in addition to boosting views. especially since you only earn about 10-20 cents for every $1 you spend. but yea kind of a pain.

Cosy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is very interesting man , thanks :)

crazyjere

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the valuable feedback, I'll run separate tests on my channel and do a follow up post some time in the future.

Reactions: Hoviking