Best quality settings for YouTube videos using Sony Vegas Pro 10 - 1080p HD

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many people out there who ask things like "What are the best quality settings for Sony Vegas Pro" and many will give their own opinion on the subject and show them their settings and this is what I am going to do here, these are pretty much the best you will get and also will not take too long to upload in comparison to other video formats.

Today I will show you how to choose the best settings for rendering your YouTube videos in full HD. Please make sure your source video is in 1080p, that is 1920px by 1080px. Upscaling from smaller resolutions can result in quality loss.

Okay you have your video ready to render in Vegas? Great! Now let us get started.

1. Click File and then Render As...
2. You will be presented with the save screen like so:

1.jpg

3. Click on the dropdown where it says Save as Type and select .wmv (Windows Media Video V11).
4. Now click the custom button like so:

2.jpg

5. Click the Video tab at the bottom and make sure your settings are like so:

View attachment 96

Please note these are PAL settings, you can change your frame rate to 30 if the video is NTSC format.

6. Now you have those set up you need to save the settings as custom settings, at the top type a new name for the settings, in my example I have MY TEMPLATE NAME! and then click on the small save icon to the right.

4.jpg

7. Now you are back at the rendering screen, select MY TEMPLATE NAME!, well whatever you named yours and then click Save. This will start the rendering process.

Note: These settings arent 100% the best possible settings but are the best based on having to upload them to YouTube, they produce very high quality HD videos that are still fairly small in file size meaning less time to upload them.

Hope this helps some of you out :)

Reactions: LiveStrong

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hahahahahaha Good answer :D
It is only the truth there :D Smudge is much more effective than blurring things when you want it done fast and over and over again. I should be doing some more about settings soon enough too :)

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
Good Good. Just got my first vid up, rendering before I looked at this thread.............Damn! :D

Reactions: Michael

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Now, can you explain to me howto make videos download fast. as in Render fast. Pa-Lease.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now, can you explain to me howto make videos download fast. as in Render fast. Pa-Lease.
Thats a good idea but to be honest a lot of it depends on the system you have.

Reactions: Mr Gingee

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you think you could do 1 for 720p?
I can yes but the only difference would be the custom size settings on the video tab, instead of 1920 x 1080 you would use 1280 x 720, I will still do one soon though for people wanting that :)