Beginner here - Some basic questions after my first test uploads (regarding Ultra Wide Screens, Resolution, Aspect Ratio, etc..)

DwayneK

Reaction score
I have 2 questions, both of which I think are going to be solved by the same answer. I'm new, I think this question is related to the fact that I use an Ultra Wide Screen and something to do with my resolution/aspect ratio?
I currently have my Base and Output OBS Video Settings matched @ 3440x1440 to match by Monitor.

(Pics related to questions below)
1st Pic - How I want my video canvas to look
2nd Pic - How my video canvas currently looks

Question 1 - I recorded via OBS and uploaded to youtube for the first time to do some tests. When I put my videos in Full screen, they look exactly like any other video. But when I have my video in the regular default view - it is a lot longer with black bars on the side. How do I make it so my video has a regular sized canvas like the first pic?

Question 2 - When I'm originally uploading my video it doesn't let me put any "Ends" at the end of the video because it says the video is in an "Unsupported Resolution" - How can I fix that? I tried changing my output resolution but then when I export the video from OBS it has weird stretchy artifacts.

Attachments