Been waiting to be approved for monetisation for over 6 months now, what can i do?

Hi Guys.
I've been waiting to be approved for monetisation for over 6 months now and i'm wondering if there is anything i can do?
I had a quick search on the forum but couldn't quite find the answer i was looking for.
I met the requirements well over 6 months ago now and i've just been waiting to be approved since.
My channel is only small so i know it's not the end of the world but it would be great to be getting something for my efforts even if it is only small.
Is there anything i can do that will push the process along at all or is there anything that might be stopping it from being approved?
I haven't had an email off Youtube about the process since they said it was under review.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ash

If you are under review, then there is NOTHING more you or anyone can do except wait.
So it's not likely i have done anything wrong? It says everything is in good standing which is why i don't understand what the problem is, it seems like a ridiculously long time to wait that's all.

Back