Background Music or Not?

Which music choice do you prefer?

• Music from the Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No music

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jtpetch

So, I've been putting background music in my (gaming) videos for a while, and I'm sorta mixed on whether or not I like it.
I do like that it sorta fills in somewhat "empty" sounding areas, and keeps a sort of constant "rhythm" going throughout the video.

However, it's often hard to find music that suits the game, and sometimes I notice it somewhat detracts from what's being said by me, someone else, or the game.

So, what do you guys prefer? Background music? The music from the game? No music?

To me background music is for making a boring video seem less boring. Try to make sure your videos aren't boring and then they shouldn't be necessary.

Personally, I enjoy background music and add it to my own videos. Although, I think it sometimes depends on the video. Just make sure it doesn't overpower your voice! :D

So, I've been putting background music in my (gaming) videos for a while, and I'm sorta mixed on whether or not I like it.
I do like that it sorta fills in somewhat "empty" sounding areas, and keeps a sort of constant "rhythm" going throughout the video.

However, it's often hard to find music that suits the game, and sometimes I notice it somewhat detracts from what's being said by me, someone else, or the game.

So, what do you guys prefer? Background music? The music from the game? No music?
I prefer background music because it can set a mood or a pace for the whole video. Also I like my vid to a music track.

I personally prefer background music as, for gaming videos, it can boost the underlying mood of the video if properly chosen.

You already know what I think :p

But to be honest having background music helps keep engagement in the video. Having just commentary can just be hard to keep engagement.

Background Music is great but but it doesn't have to be that loud, because we still have to hear you

Back