Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No music

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jtpetch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, I've been putting background music in my (gaming) videos for a while, and I'm sorta mixed on whether or not I like it.
I do like that it sorta fills in somewhat "empty" sounding areas, and keeps a sort of constant "rhythm" going throughout the video.

However, it's often hard to find music that suits the game, and sometimes I notice it somewhat detracts from what's being said by me, someone else, or the game.

So, what do you guys prefer? Background music? The music from the game? No music?

Reactions: Olivea-Sea

Chris the Swissmiss

Hi. I hope you're doing excellent. I'm Chris
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
To me background music is for making a boring video seem less boring. Try to make sure your videos aren't boring and then they shouldn't be necessary.

MSgtDiamond

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally, I enjoy background music and add it to my own videos. Although, I think it sometimes depends on the video. Just make sure it doesn't overpower your voice! :D

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware forum. ^^

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I've been putting background music in my (gaming) videos for a while, and I'm sorta mixed on whether or not I like it.
I do like that it sorta fills in somewhat "empty" sounding areas, and keeps a sort of constant "rhythm" going throughout the video.

However, it's often hard to find music that suits the game, and sometimes I notice it somewhat detracts from what's being said by me, someone else, or the game.

So, what do you guys prefer? Background music? The music from the game? No music?
I prefer background music because it can set a mood or a pace for the whole video. Also I like my vid to a music track.

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally prefer background music as, for gaming videos, it can boost the underlying mood of the video if properly chosen.

TheAmazinggap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You already know what I think :p

But to be honest having background music helps keep engagement in the video. Having just commentary can just be hard to keep engagement.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian

Background Music is great but but it doesn't have to be that loud, because we still have to hear you