Asking to share the video better for publicity than asking to subscribe?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
When hosting contests, out of all the conditions you can set in order for the entry, I have a feeling that asking to share the video on one of predetermined social media, as the condition for the entry can be better for growth as it brings more publicity. I think if I had a choice between asking to subscribe and asking to share I would go with sharing... But what do you think? Is asking to share at the end of the day more prudent than asking to sub?

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sharing is the better one if we're talking channel exposure. Subscriptions can be dead and meaningless, people who get exposed to your channel and then sub, because they simply like your content, is much better than simply asking for a subscription.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Firefang

// Weekly gaming related content //
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's a quick idea. Perhaps you could allow both. If they share they get entered. If they share and subscribe they get entered twice. (with twice the chance of winning). Just a thought :)
This is off-topic but I had a quick look at your channel and it's one of the most unique and creative I've encountered on this site so far. I love it!