Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey everyone,

So I was thinking today that my channel needed a good re-vamp, and I wanted some new graphics made, so I got some done, and I believe my channel looks a lot better (see for yourself!), but I also wondered - do graphics have that much of an impression?

Obviously, the YouTube Banner, Avatar, and Thumbnails are the first thing your visitor sees, but are they really the make or break of your channel. There is the fact that if your graphics look... shabby... there may be a possibility of the visitor not wanting to watch any of your videos, however, personally, I find that if a title looks good enough, I tend to watch the video anyway, and if I'm not hooked at the start, I leave.

I want to know what you think - do you define a channel's professionalism and video quality based off their graphics?

Thanks!

Reactions: Voov

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Link isn't working. Also how many people will visit your channel before they see a video? How would they get to your channel link? The video would have to impress them first so I think the content matters more, though a nice looking channel doesn't hurt.

Reactions: adhdzombieslayer

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Link isn't working. Also how many people will visit your channel before they see a video? How would they get to your channel link? The video would have to impress them first so I think the content matters more, though a nice looking channel doesn't hurt.
Very good answer! Most of my video views come from Twitter, this site, or any other off-YouTube advertising I do, meaning my video has to be catching, and I'm sure that's the same for the majority of YouTubers! Thanks for your input!

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes. Branding always will be incredibly important.

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Yes. Branding always will be incredibly important.
Very true, and its something that I believe myself! However, I realize that the majority of video traffic does not come from YouTube itself, so video may have a big part to play!

Reactions: iMSaiyan

Top Most trends

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As per my channel the most important is the video content. However the graphical design of your channel thumbnails and branding in your video are all important the better and more professional they look the better. At least in my own opinion.

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
As per my channel the most important is the video content. However the graphical design of your channel thumbnails and branding in your video are all important the better and more professional they look the better. At least in my own opinion.
Yeah! I share the same opinion too! I feel thumbnails play a big part in the branding of not just your videos, but your whole channel!

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't have a good thumbnail, no one will click on your video. As far as your channel banner and avatar, they're important, but secondary to having a good video and good thumbnail.

MotionComedy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
If you don't have a good thumbnail, no one will click on your video. As far as your channel banner and avatar, they're important, but secondary to having a good video and good thumbnail.
Very true! I think that thumbnails are the graphics that have the most impact, because most of my traffic comes from outside of YouTube!

Gonza

Reaction score
At the end of the day, they are not essential. at least not for youtubers. and I say that as a designer on youtube.
Now hear me out.

What viewers consume is videos. Anything outside of that is a plus.
HOWEVER it is up to you whether you want to look presentable or not. A graphically branded channel is more attractive, you're gonna catch many more peoples attention, it shows that you care about your channel and how others view you. So basically what I'm saying is. Videos are the most important part for the viewer. Graphics not as important as the videos, but should still be given attention, and are very important for the YOUTUBER. If you have a channel with s****y branding but your videos are high quality, your fans won't care. But you will, because the fact that you have s****y branding can put a lot of people off, and that can make you look like you don't care about your channel, which puts people off like I said, so in the end in hurts your "youtube career"

recap: fans won't care about your graphics, but if you want to be successful on youtube, YOU do/should care.