Anything to prepare before "YouTube Monetization"

Best4Ever

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry about the silly question, bit new to YouTube. I started my channel in June 21. The way its going, I should become monetized in the next 2 months. Is there anything i should do now to ensure that "Monetization approval" to happen faster ? Should i open a Google Ads account etc ? Please help !

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No offense, but it took 5 seconds to type it into Google.

• You need to have 1,000 subscribers on your YouTube channel.
  • Your videos have generated 4,000 Watch Time hours over the last 12 months.
  • You comply with all of YouTube's policies and guidelines.
  • You have an AdSense account set up.
You will not be able to apply for it until June 21st, and even then you have to have 1K subscribers and 4K watch hours. When you break it down means if you post 150 videos, each one of them needs 27 hours of viewing. Which means if you have a 12 minute video, you will have to get a minimum of 135 views with everyone watching every second of the video. But breaking it down, most people break off on the average of 40% of the way through. Meaning you will need around 300-325 views per 12 minute video for over a year. Lastly, even at 1K subscribers, an active, healthy, sub base is 15-20% sub to view ratio. Meaning you will only get about 100 to 125 views per video (if it is a healthy base).

Bottom line, and with all due respect... good luck. Unless you plan on pouring money into this, or you have an extremely unique channel or you have nice big bouncing boobies... (youtube would probably kibosh that anyways) I would estimate a 3 year journey making 2-3 15+ minute videos a week. Roughly 425-450 videos and hope you can sustain 150+ views per video.

Yeah, they don't make it easy. I have 3300K subs and about 8K hours viewage over a year, I have about 1350 videos on my channel. I can apply, but I do not. Once you do, you are no longer free to do what you want, you will be under their thumb.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi,

Sorry about the silly question, bit new to YouTube. I started my channel in June 21. The way its going, I should become monetized in the next 2 months. Is there anything i should do now to ensure that "Monetization approval" to happen faster ? Should i open a Google Ads account etc ? Please help !
Sounds like you are making good time. Most people do not get monetized that quickly - but I have seen channels do it in just a few months...
Main thing you need to have ready is your AdSense account. If your videos are ad friendly, and you are not getting flagged for content, especially audio, that should help. I am unsure - before you are monetized do you still get green or yellow ad icons? (it would be a help if YT gives them).

I can apply, but I do not. Once you do, you are no longer free to do what you want, you will be under their thumb.
Not really. Monetized or not - you still have to follow community guidelines.