Anyone knows any platform for smaller YouTubers?

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone know any good (effective) platforms for small YouTubers to put their name out there and meet other people and help each other?

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I wish there was something. I am finally beginning to accept my channel will probably never number more than a few hundred.

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm still trying to find the answer to how to grow faster but I know so far that collaborations are a good way of growing and announcing yourself to the public as much as possible so you become recognizable. But there is no such thing as something for nothing so I try to give as much as possible in return and support others who are in the same position as me. Also working with other people is a great way of growing in all aspects.... some useful platforms are sharree, damnlag, and some other forums of the game you play or the stuff related to your channel. But yeah its hard... just dont quit

jacke01

Reaction score
Which ones for example?
I dont remember the names :( just google it you will find some
all i remember is you do some tasks such as searching of a keyword on youtube then openthe video watch it then like it and sub
you the same and other member do the same
or you can do these tasks and earn money then cash out ur funds...this methode is legitime and you'r not going to have any prob with youtube policies or ranking your videeos or shadowban your channel...

Reactions: TripleTyphoon

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My advice is concentrate on your own content. Don't waste time "supporting" other channels in the hope that they'll support you - They won't because they're too busy working on their own channels.

Don't waste time on things that won't make a difference. The best thing you can do when starting is make awesome videos and thumbnails and to learn and do good SEO. SEO = Search Engine Optimization. It basically means making videos on topics that people are actually searching for and then target those keywords in your metadata (title, description and tags) so that you start to get some decent search traffic. It's a vast subject and it's the best way to get a constant stream of new viewers to your videos automatically without wasting your time "supporting" other creators.

Do a search on this forum for "SEO" and also check out this section: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont remember the names :( just google it you will find some
all i remember is you do some tasks such as searching of a keyword on youtube then openthe video watch it then like it and sub
you the same and other member do the same
or you can do these tasks and earn money then cash out ur funds...this methode is legitime and you'r not going to have any prob with youtube policies or ranking your videeos or shadowban your channel...
Oh alright yeah, I've heard about these pages but personally I like if people sub to me not as a favor but because they actually want to watch my content and support me. But thanks for your suggestion :)

TripleTyphoon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My advice is concentrate on your own content. Don't waste time "supporting" other channels in the hope that they'll support you - They won't because they're too busy working on their own channels.

Don't waste time on things that won't make a difference. The best thing you can do when starting is make awesome videos and thumbnails and to learn and do good SEO. SEO = Search Engine Optimization. It basically means making videos on topics that people are actually searching for and then target those keywords in your metadata (title, description and tags) so that you start to get some decent search traffic. It's a vast subject and it's the best way to get a constant stream of new viewers to your videos automatically without wasting your time "supporting" other creators.

Do a search on this forum for "SEO" and also check out this section: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/
While I do agree on the SEO part and the fact that you need good content for people to be interested I don't fully agree with "wasting time supporting others". That's what communities are for and communities can help you grow. Now, I do realize that many people are just trying to promote their own channels instead of supporting others, but there are also people who would gladly support you if you support them and so on, which makes it a great opportunity for you to grow. Especially if you put your name out there enough for people to start wondering "who is this dude" and eventually recognize you and maybe decide to check you out and potentially subscribe or maybe even get some people to collab with and spread your name through their channels as well. Oh and I checked the link and there are some useful tips there :) thanks

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't fully agree with "wasting time supporting others". That's what communities are for and communities can help you grow. Now, I do realize that many people are just trying to promote their own channels instead of supporting others, but there are also people who would gladly support you if you support them and so on, which makes it a great opportunity for you to grow.
Believe me - those facebook groups and sub-reddits will not help you grow. It's all one big sub4sub fest. People will say they watched your vids but believe me, they didn't.

You want to be doing things that will have the biggest effect.

The point is - How many hours do you think it would take to build up a relationship with another creator? It's going to take several hours per week of writing him messages, commenting on his videos, tagging him in social media etc etc. And all that for what? You're basically hoping that a massive Youtuber is going to reply to one of your messages and give you a shoutout. I don't want to sound negative, but the chances of that happening are probably less than 0.01 % particularly since you're making videos in the most saturated niche ever. The most likely best case scenario of all those hours of "networking" is that you'll get one extra view on each of your videos if he does even watch your videos and support you back. Is one extra view per video really worth all that time?

You'd be much better spending those hours on improving your content and learning how to do proper SEO with proper keyword research. SEO = automated views for a long time in the future. Networking, promoting and hoping you'll get support from other creators is manual work that as soon as you stop doing it (and you will get fed up with it), the few extra views will dry up immediately.