Anyone had a "sleeper hit video"

Josh100LuBu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think you probably understand what I mean, you upload a video that you don't expect will reach far beyond your subscriber count and it ends up getting thousands of views. I always think this is a pleasant surprise, i've made videos that are 35 minutes in length, full of green screen and animation only for them to get the usual expected views. Then i'll upload a few minute video that has next to no editing and it exceeds my expectations. Whats your experience this?

Reactions: Time Jacker

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I once made a s****y remake of the Game of Thrones theme, it got 800views which is much for me. I am not even a music channel :D

Reactions: Redford1900

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you probably understand what I mean, you upload a video that you don't expect will reach far beyond your subscriber count and it ends up getting thousands of views. I always think this is a pleasant surprise, i've made videos that are 35 minutes in length, full of green screen and animation only for them to get the usual expected views. Then i'll upload a few minute video that has next to no editing and it exceeds my expectations. Whats your experience this?
Oh yeah - that can happen, and often to the strangest videos. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it usually either; otherwise I'd try to recreate the formula!

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've told the story before. I posted this video of my dogs on YouTube because the file was too big to send to my mom. I didn't have an active channel. Eight months later it took off. I wish the videos I actually work on and care about could do one tenth as well.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I call this my girlfriend's "favorite video" because I was rubbing it in her face how many views it was getting when it blew up suddenly. She just asks "Why do so many people want to watch that, it's not even good???". I think she's just hating because she shows up in the video lol.
happy.jpg

My stun gun fun video is quickly creeping up on my most viewed video as well, now THIS one I don't understand. My stun gun to the tongue video is way funnier than this one.
stun.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1454536223,1454536181][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've told the story before. I posted this video of my dogs on YouTube because the file was too big to send to my mom. I didn't have an active channel. Eight months later it took off. I wish the videos I actually work on and care about could do one tenth as well.

That's the exact reason I started my YouTube account, to share without sending huge files to people.[DOUBLEPOST=1454536300][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yes I know what you mean!! This one was a huge surprise for me:
SPIKE! Didn't your spike occur right around mine? I think that was the first thread I ever saw you post on when I posted my real-time analytics.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
SPIKE! Didn't your spike occur right around mine? I think that was the first thread I ever saw you post on when I posted my real-time analytics.
Could be, yes! Haven't had any that big since though... :( a few with around 10k views though

Reactions: Josh100LuBu

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Could be, yes! Haven't had any that big since though... :( a few with around 10k views though
It's just a matter of time. I'm sure you will capture some random thing eventually that your pets are doing that will blow up again, it's just a matter of good timing with pet videos a lot of the time.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
It's just a matter of time. I'm sure you will capture some random thing eventually that your pets are doing that will blow up again, it's just a matter of good timing with pet videos a lot of the time.
Well I'm not publishing the one where my cat falls on his face so not that one :p

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well I'm not publishing the one where my cat falls on his face so not that one :p
aww why not? I would totally post that if I caught that. It would be one where people would share saying "And they say cats always land on their feet..."

Reactions: Todd Talks