Any Gaming YTers who may be able to help me on this decision?

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's up guys! I have a gaming YouTube channel and I've been wondering how to reach out to a more particular target audience. The thing is I don't really want to stick with just one game, like COD or Battlefield. I've seen big youtubers who stick to one main franchise but I wouldn't really like to do that. In an attempt to narrow down the type of content I was producing, I went from making gaming content in general when I first started, to FPS content, to FPS tips and strategies, to EA FPS tips and strategies. That's where I'm at now and as you can tell, I have been trying not to stick to just one game or franchise, like a lot of other big gaming youtubers do. If that is what I have to absolutely do to grow, then I'll stick to one game or franchise, but I would really prefer 1000 times to just stick to one genre of video games from one developer. What do you think I should do?

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're going to think I'm being cheezy here, but what really matters is which games your enjoy playing. If you're a hardcore Battlefield player, focus your channel around that. If you enjoy First Person Shooters of any kind, go ahead and make your channel about FPS games ;)

Reactions: G-Legend

Daniel Prakash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im with ProjectJamesify on this one, people will enjoy your content only when you enjoy it, if you try to make yourself enjoy it then it won't be entertaining to watch

Reactions: G-Legend

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're going to think I'm being cheezy here, but what really matters is which games your enjoy playing. If you're a hardcore Battlefield player, focus your channel around that. If you enjoy First Person Shooters of any kind, go ahead and make your channel about FPS games ;)
Im with ProjectJamesify on this one, people will enjoy your content only when you enjoy it, if you try to make yourself enjoy it then it won't be entertaining to watch
Yeah I thought so huh? I really enjoy video games in general but my favorite genre probably has to be first person shooter. I'm happy making FPS videos for any FPS game since I enjoy them all but I was wondering if EA FPS games is narrow enough. When it comes to FPS games, it really doesn't matter to me how far I narrow down the type of videos i'll be making since I enjoy anything FPS. But i'm also trying to reach one specific target audience that will sub and want to watch all my videos since all my content falls under one specific category (one that they like and will subscribe for). I want to make the said category something like EA FPS tips, strategies and that sort of thing. People who want to up their game in EA shooters would like all my videos and probably sub. But do you guys think that's narrow enough or no?

JamieKarakizi

Subscribe to me? haha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's up guys! I have a gaming YouTube channel and I've been wondering how to reach out to a more particular target audience. The thing is I don't really want to stick with just one game, like COD or Battlefield. I've seen big youtubers who stick to one main franchise but I wouldn't really like to do that. In an attempt to narrow down the type of content I was producing, I went from making gaming content in general when I first started, to FPS content, to FPS tips and strategies, to EA FPS tips and strategies. That's where I'm at now and as you can tell, I have been trying not to stick to just one game or franchise, like a lot of other big gaming youtubers do. If that is what I have to absolutely do to grow, then I'll stick to one game or franchise, but I would really prefer 1000 times to just stick to one genre of video games from one developer. What do you think I should do?
In all honesty I don't think whatever path you decide to go down will matter. As long as you have good quality content then you should be able to build a channel.

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In all honesty I don't think whatever path you decide to go down will matter. As long as you have good quality content then you should be able to build a channel.
Thanks my bro!

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your personality and content quality matters more than anything. I mostly play CSGO on my channel but every Saturday I upload a random video of a random game and try to make it as funny as possible. It all honestly boils down to your content quality and personality.

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your personality and content quality matters more than anything. I mostly play CSGO on my channel but every Saturday I upload a random video of a random game and try to make it as funny as possible. It all honestly boils down to your content quality and personality.
Yeah I try to be real in my videos while also getting the topic across to the audience. I feel that it really helps. Right now my watch time reports are showing that I'm doing great for the most part compared to last month. I struggle a lot with getting subs tho :(:crying:

Dryve

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The more you enjoy creating your content, the better your content will be. If you focus on one particular game, you may get a few more subscribers who are big fans of said game, but doing a couple main series on a few different games with other gameplays mixed in could work just as well, and be more enjoyable! Good Luck!