Any amateur (or pro) sound engineers have tips for audio processing?

Astinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys!
I've been really looking into audio processing recently, and I've tried many different audio processing settings and I'm still not quite happy with the result. So I turned to google to look for some EQ & compression guidelines but much of them were for male voices and also, I kind of consider my voice to be quite atypical so internet didn't help that much in me trying to achieve the perfect settings...
So I thought, it would be nice to have a thread about that on the forums if anybody has any tips for me or others on the quest for the perfect settings! :)

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Your microphone sounds good and clear on your videos, there is no background noise and etc.
I would recommend getting audacity and playing with the noise reduction option on it, that may help.

Reactions: Astinax

Astinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your microphone sounds good and clear on your videos, there is no background noise and etc.
I would recommend getting audacity and playing with the noise reduction option on it, that may help.
Thanks for replying :) I already use adobe audition and the audio you hear in my video is already processed through it with EQ, compression & a limiter :)

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Thanks for replying :) I already use adobe audition and the audio you hear in my video is already processed through it with EQ, compression & a limiter :)
Well it sounds nice regardless so I am not exactly sure about what kind of effects are you looking for, but there are plenty of guide videos on youtube for voice changing and how to sound like this or that and etc.

Astinax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well it sounds nice regardless so I am not exactly sure about what kind of effects are you looking for, but there are plenty of guide videos on youtube for voice changing and how to sound like this or that and etc.
I'm trying to find a more dry & rounded sound :p but yeah thanks, I'll keep testing out different EQ settings :)

Ryan Robbins

Reaction score
I will be doing my editing using iMovie. Is there any way to use Audacity with iMovie? I am not recording my audio separately. I'm using a videomic, that will be plugged into my camcorder using an extension cord.[DOUBLEPOST=1474583332,1474502355][/DOUBLEPOST]I've just learned you can reduce the audio noise in iMovie, so I'm actually good to go.

morelikecappuccino

Be Kind: Please Rewind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
perfect settings! :)
There is no such thing.
Every time you record, your audio will be different.
As such, your settings will vary. Whats perfect for one track will be different for another.

Resist the laziness!