And Then The Recording Blew Up

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What is your worst recording malfunction story? I had a minor one just yesterday but nothing overly bad. My worst one was having to scrap a whole Soma video because my audio went weird. I used audioless highlights as a quick recap of what had happened at the beginning of the next video but it absolutely killed me because I had quite a good scare and now it is lost forever haha.

Reactions: Crown

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have not had anything too bad, apart from having to delete a 5 minute long commentary due to the audio messing up. I have not idea what went wrong, but It sounded so fuzzy and distorted.

Reactions: Video Game Knight

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have not had anything too bad, apart from having to delete a 5 minute long commentary due to the audio messing up. I have not idea what went wrong, but It sounded so fuzzy and distorted.
That is really good! I hope you never experience anything major it sucks haha. Not much you can do some times other than cut your losses and move on

Reactions: Hazzador

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've accidentally erased entire videos. =S I work multiple projects at a time and sometimes I've erased the wrong SD card thinking I've already made a backup. xD Oops! Luckily, the video/violin playing is usually the easiest part for my channel's content, so it's not too hard to redo it. ^^ I once corrupted an audio project file, and that was a sad day. =( I spend hours working on those backing tracks.... But I consider working on those audio project files as practicing, so re-doing them is just additional music production practicing. ^^ Most of my channel is just me experimenting with digital music production and audio engineering stuff lol. I have no idea why people want to watch it. xD

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've accidentally erased entire videos. =S I work multiple projects at a time and sometimes I've erased the wrong SD card thinking I've already made a backup. xD Oops! Luckily, the video/violin playing is usually the easiest part for my channel's content, so it's not too hard to redo it. ^^ I once corrupted an audio project file, and that was a sad day. =( I spend hours working on those backing tracks.... But I consider working on those audio project files as practicing, so re-doing them is just additional music production practicing. ^^ Most of my channel is just me experimenting with digital music production and audio engineering stuff lol. I have no idea why people want to watch it. xD
I can guarantee I would rage if this happened haha. Nice that you make the best out of it though well done! Do you play any other instruments? I dabble if flute myself but an not very good

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I can guarantee I would rage if this happened haha. Nice that you make the best out of it though well done! Do you play any other instruments? I dabble if flute myself but an not very good
Flute!! I really wanted to play flute when I was little, but I was really asthmatic when I was a kid and couldn't control my breathing very well.. =S I really like the flute. ^^ It's such a pretty instrument! : D

For other instruments, I'm currently learning the cello, I've taught myself basic piano stuff, I can sort-of play mandolin because It's pretty much the same thing as a violin (although the picking part is kind of confusing), and I know about 6 guitar chords. woot! xD I cannot play any of those instruments beyond the beginner-intermediate level, so I don't really count them...lol! :p

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The worst thing for me, using puppets as much as we do, is when we think we have a fantastic video and then you can totally see one of our heads in the shot. That can be devastating, because we set a goal (usually) to make the George videos a one-take video (I don't know why, because edits would be fine, but it's closer to "pure" puppetry performance to us), so sometimes if I can't crop the video in my editing software well enough, we have to set everything back up and try to recreate the performances. It's really rough, so we always watch the footage immediately afterward.

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The worst thing for me, using puppets as much as we do, is when we think we have a fantastic video and then you can totally see one of our heads in the shot. That can be devastating, because we set a goal (usually) to make the George videos a one-take video (I don't know why, because edits would be fine, but it's closer to "pure" puppetry performance to us), so sometimes if I can't crop the video in my editing software well enough, we have to set everything back up and try to recreate the performances. It's really rough, so we always watch the footage immediately afterward.
Dude wow that is insane effort. I am sure it shows though when you go through that much to get everything right.

Flute!! I really wanted to play flute when I was little, but I was really asthmatic when I was a kid and couldn't control my breathing very well.. =S I really like the flute. ^^ It's such a pretty instrument! : D

For other instruments, I'm currently learning the cello, I've taught myself basic piano stuff, I can sort-of play mandolin because It's pretty much the same thing as a violin (although the picking part is kind of confusing), and I know about 6 guitar chords. woot! xD I cannot play any of those instruments beyond the beginner-intermediate level, so I don't really count them...lol! :p
I had terrible sinuses (still do!) and flute was really my only option apart from a hand only instrument haha. I would love violin to be honest! I watch a few other channels who do epic gaming music with violins and it just sounds so very awesome. It is a really cool instrument

Reactions: KatyAdelson

HeppyG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One time, I thought I was recording a video gameplay of DeadByDayLight and I did some pretty amazing feats! which I couldn't wait to post and guess what....I FORGOT TO PRESS RECORD!!! FML:banghead:

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One time, I thought I was recording a video gameplay of DeadByDayLight and I did some pretty amazing feats! which I couldn't wait to post and guess what....I FORGOT TO PRESS RECORD!!! FML:banghead:
Oh my lord I would have shamed myself for the rest of the day haha. I have actually done this a few times. Now I triple check everything