An interesting promotional strategy on Google Plus

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I just joined a new Google Plus community called "Animal Lovers." There is a pinned post of a YouTube video of a young lady singing a cover. The video has nothing to do with animals. Turns out the singer, Allison Ivy (youtube channel of the same name) is the owner of the Google Plus page. The pinned post shows her video from a week ago. The Google Plus post has +527, 31 shares and 40 comments. That's way better than anything I've ever posted on a Google Plus community page. The Animal Lover community has over 1.6 million members.

Seems like she is doing something right in Google Plus. Maybe that's just a small part of her promotional strategy, but you might want to check it out to get ideas. I've seen her videos on at least one other animal page and wondered why the post wasn't removed. Maybe she owned that page too but I just didn't notice. This is a link to the Google Plus Community page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107364319489407126120/communities/113678595147618762604

Last edited:
Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks, good info, will check it out
Maybe you could start your own community page and have your videos pinned to the top. At 1.6 million members, that's a huge amount of members. I want to find out how when that community was started, but I really should get back on track with what I was planning on doing tonight.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow. I guess you don't have to be involved with the type of page you have in order to have the page. I mean, you can be an animal lover and make YouTube cover songs, I guess. Interesting!

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow. I guess you don't have to be involved with the type of page you have in order to have the page. I mean, you can be an animal lover and make YouTube cover songs, I guess. Interesting!
I guess it's her page and she can put a non-topic related video on it if she wants. The page is still huge so I'm wondering how that community got so big.

Reactions: xingcat

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you could start your own community page and have your videos pinned to the top. At 1.6 million members, that's a huge amount of members. I want to find out how when that community was started, but I really should get back on track with what I was planning on doing tonight.
I think I actually did about 4 months ago, but just made the page, didn't really fill anything in. You really need to own the community, manage, participate, promote and grow it. Like a YT channel! Definitely something to explore again :)